RBI, WINS and SAVES only league! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

RBI, WINS and SAVES only league!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

RBI, WINS and SAVES only league!

Postby BScott2133 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:33 pm

This is the league Im in, VERY DIFFERENT, should be interesting but this will change the draft order of players ALOT, who in your opinions should I be looking to draft, my draft is tomorrow, also, if anyone wants to join the league, we've still got open spots! but mainly, who should I look to get, is A-Rod a #1 pick, I dont think so with that lineup.....what do you think!?
Go Mariners!
BScott2133
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:51 pm

I think that you have to focus on hitters to begin with. RBIs are the easiest to predict. Start with Arod and then to Pujols and etc. Saves should be the next priority because there are only a few guys that are at the top of the list - Gagne, Wagner, etc. Draft for wins last. If you have a top notch lineup, you can keep the same guys in everyday. With pitchers, you can simply rotate in whoever you think has the best chance. You could churn very easily in this league and still get by - usually, it's unethical, but in this case I don't see how anyone could have a different strategy.

If there are a limit to roster moves, however, pick up wins last anyway. You can get a bunch of wins from using your entire bench for pitchers and by getting middle-reliever vulture wins. Not so many vulture rbis out there.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers