Lambo or Frazier - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Lambo or Frazier

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Lambo or Frazier

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:03 am

I am in a deep 16 team Yahoo Dynasty league where we keep a 10 man minor league level. So lets say for the average that 160 minor leaguers are off the boards already. Our draft has concluded and I feel like I can swap out "Burgess" who i kept over from last year for one of the following, who turns out is available on Waivers.

OF - Andrew Lambo (PIT)
OR
OF/2B/3B - Todd Frazier (CIN)

Both were top prospects a few seasons ago, (Lambo #1 in the Dodgers organization) and (Frazier was #1 in Cincinnati organization) who has the higher upside.

Frazier seemed to have struggled last year in AAA. While Lambo turned around and righted the ship in AA, and had a terrific Arizona Fall League.....

Thoughts?

OR the Wild Card, I could just pass on both, and select SP - Luis Heredia (PIT) 16 year old Mexican who is obviously a loooooong way off.

Thanks again,

MY CURRENT MINOR LEAGUE KEEPERS:
C - Gary Sanchez (NYY)
2B - Dustin Ackley (SEA)
3B - Josh Vitters (CHC)
SS - Many Machado (BAL)
SS - Matt Lipka (ATL)
OF - Starling Marte (PIT)
OF - Ryan Westmoreland (BOS)
OF - Michael Burgess (CHC) (guy is not really a solid prospect anymore)
SP - Jacob Turner (DET)
SP - Jameson Taillon (PIT)
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Lambo or Frazier

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:16 am

I still like Frazier quite a lot and believe he'll take over for Rolen at some point in the next 2 seasons. If you look at Frazier's 2nd half numbers they were quite good while I believe Trumbo is rol playing OF at best. So, I say Frazier.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 116)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:26 am

thanks Havok,

But I was referring to OF - LAMBO (PIT) not 1B - TRUMBO (LAA) (don't know if that changes your tune) but I to am leaning towards Frazier to some extent.....just being a BuccoFan I like what I have seen in Lambo.
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:40 am

BUCCOFAN wrote:thanks Havok,

But I was referring to OF - LAMBO (PIT) not 1B - TRUMBO (LAA) (don't know if that changes your tune) but I to am leaning towards Frazier to some extent.....just being a BuccoFan I like what I have seen in Lambo.

Nope, I actually meant Lambo. Same tune.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby kab21 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:47 am

I agree that Frazier is the pickup here. Although I'm not sure that he'll be a MLB starter (much less good fantasy player) so it might make sense to grab a lottery ticket in Heredia.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 168)

Postby BUCCOFAN » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:06 am

I agree that Frazier might be a multi position type, if it all plans out, he could be Ben Zobrist "light".

Is there anyway you would dump 2 guys from my list, and select Heredia and Frazier?

Burgess is an automatic dump, but what about Vitters and Westmoreland. The later went thru a terrible brain surgery scare last year.....and its set him back. Still worth holding on too?

Thanks
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker

Postby Havok1517 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:42 am

BUCCOFAN wrote:I agree that Frazier might be a multi position type, if it all plans out, he could be Ben Zobrist "light".

Is there anyway you would dump 2 guys from my list, and select Heredia and Frazier?

Burgess is an automatic dump, but what about Vitters and Westmoreland. The later went thru a terrible brain surgery scare last year.....and its set him back. Still worth holding on too?

Thanks

Frazier is a big guy with decent agility so I think he possess more power potential than a Zobrist.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer

Postby Steve-o » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:48 am

BUCCOFAN wrote:Burgess is an automatic dump, but what about Vitters and Westmoreland. The later went thru a terrible brain surgery scare last year.....and its set him back. Still worth holding on too?

Thanks

Really depends on your system of replenishing minor leaguers. If there is not a lot of turnover on talent, you want find a guy with as much upside as Westmoreland. Another thing to consider is how deep this upcoming draft is. Best in 5 or 6 years. If keeping Westmoreland means you don't get a shot at a couple guys from this years draft, I would pass. Otherwise, he might be worth holding onto.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Niffoc4 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:32 am

Yeah, in one of my leagues you can take anyone in the reserve draft, and I think taking an Anthony Rendon would be better than either of those guys if possible.

Otherwise, I'd go with Frazier as well. More success at higher levels with a similar ranking on prospect lists. On Heredia, that's a LONG time to wait, if everything goes right and he's the next 'King' then you have to wait 2-3 years. If he's a normal prospect you have to wait even longer.
Niffoc4
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)

Postby Steve-o » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:48 am

As Speier explains in a piece for Baseball America, Ryan Westmoreland, who underwent brain surgery last March, is continuing his attempt to return to the majors. The former top prospect has made impressive strides in his recovery, though his vision hasn't returned completely and he's still working on some fine motor skills. Best of luck to Westmoreland as he recovers.

No vision and lacking fine motor skills for a pitcher. Yikes. I didn't realize how bad this was. Pretty much a non-prospect imo now.
In my fridge: Founders Kentucky Breakfast Stout (KBS), Central Waters Peruvian Morning, Bell's Batch 10,000, Dale's Pale Ale, Capital Brewery Amber, New Glarus Moon Man, and Guinness.
Steve-o
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball