Postby Lukin13 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:05 pm

H2H
12 Teamer
R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, BB, OPS
W, L, K, SV, Hold, ERA, WHIP
c,1b,2b,ss,3b,of,of,of,ut,ut,sp,sp,rp,rp,p,p,p,p,p

Pick #2 Options:
Hanley,MCab,AGon (I like AGon in 11)

Obviously, this league rewards the big bopper types. If you don't factor any position scarcity in, Hanley projects to be barely a top 25 player... but here are a few thoughts I am having.

Thoughts on #2:

- If I take Hanley I have a pipe dream of Te(i)x or Prince falling to me at #23. I'd call it maybe a 20% chance.

- While the value of the stolen base is greatly diminished, I don't mind Hanley because the other offensive players I target in this league generally don't run and I am not sure where I will get my speed elsewhere. Also, with BB and OPS the scrap heap shortstops that are barely tolerable in 5x5 leagues are even crappier.

Thoughts on #23/26:

1. I think I go Youk or Zimmerman if only one is available, if both are available I let the guy on the turn choose and I will get whomever he doesn't take at #26.

2. I am not super big on Uggla this year, but he fits our league nicely. Anyone have any quips with taking him over guys like Choo/Dunn/Heyward/Kinsler/McCutchen at #26?

Any advice is appreciated!

TIA
Lukin13
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: #2,#23,#26

Postby down.by.law » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:24 pm

I like going Hanley #2. If one of the 1B mentioned are not available, go 3rd (Zimmerman or Youk), then feel free to grab Uggla. I too am a big fan of 30+ HR's the past 3 years, now in a better lineup. Then in the 4th or 5th you could go 1B with Dunn/Morales/Konerko/Butler who will still prob be there after the top 1B are gone. (I'm a big fan of going 1B late in a 12 team league)

Mine:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=423378
"He's Pressing Right Now And Just Needs To Find His Stroke"
-Wheels
down.by.law
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 8)

Postby MadDog36 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:59 pm

I'd be happy wtih Dunn or Morales (esp Morales) as my 1b if I had Zimmerman and Hanley as the rest of my INF! That looks way better than a Pujols/Kung Fu Panda/Andrus Infield :)
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1927)

Postby Seanyfever » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:17 am

Listen to MadDog ^^^^^

Cannot be presented as well in any other way.

Looking for your return input....
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=423395&p=3357373#p3357373
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:36 am

I'd go with Hanley. You have a good shot at getting Youkilis back at least and he could fetch you Zimmerman-like stats plus better R/RBI totals.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby sixer03fan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:38 pm

This year, I had a general strategy of grabbing a 3b and a top shelf OF early. There seems to be a decent drop off after the top tiers of these positions.

I think at #2 you have to take Hanley. Cabrera's numbers may look better, but position scarcity is the name of the game here.

At #23, I would look to take that top shelf OF (assuming you can get Zimmerman or Youkilis on the way back). Kemp, Holliday, and Cruz come to mind here. I would take Holliday first if he's still there.

At #26, grab Youkilis first if he's there. I LOVE him this year. You can play him at 1b or 3b depending on how the rest of the draft works out for you. Zimmerman is also a great choice here.

Ideally if you get the Hanley/Holliday/Youkilis combo, there will still be very solid 1b on the next turn for end of the 4th/top of the 5th round. Someone like Dunn would be nice. Or you can always wait a bit for Konerko, or even take a flier on Morneau.

Hope this helps! good luck...

help? viewtopic.php?f=29&t=423441
sixer03fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby HueyntheNews » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:I'd go with Hanley. You have a good shot at getting Youkilis back at least and he could fetch you Zimmerman-like stats plus better R/RBI totals.

My thoughts precisely. Get HanRam. I got youk in the beginning of the 5th this year. And if i remember prince was available until the beginning of the third. Youk will be a top 3 3B, especially in the Sox's stacked lineup this year. He'll give you a load of RBIs and will be both 1B and 3B eligible. Hes a bargain that no one will remember to grab as a 3B. And whats amusing is that guys like howard will be available though the 5th for sure. Theres a LOT of elite 1B you can grab. Good strategy,

Any tips for my team?
viewtopic.php?t=423389
Hitters: C-Lucroy 1B-Fielder 2B-Kipnis, 3B-Cabrera SS-Tulowitzki OF-Bautista, Cruz, Heyward U-V.Martinez
Bench: Teixeira, Infante, J.Hamilton
Pitchers: Cole, Haren, Samardzija, Weaver, Zimmermann, Chavez, Wood, Sabathia, D.Robertson
HueyntheNews
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Lukin13 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:27 pm

HueyntheNews wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote: Hes a bargain that no one will remember to grab as a 3B. And whats amusing is that guys like howard will be available though the 5th for sure.

What the???

I don't want to be a jerk but what planet are you from????? No one will think to grab Youk as a third basemen? Howard in the 5th for sure???? Yikes.

I am also surprised that all of you sided with me on Hanley at #2. Did you read my post? The leagues stats are R HR RBI SB AVG BB OPS... if you don't factor any position scarcity in Hanley is about the 30th best player in the league; and every one of you/us think I should take the 30th best player 2nd? Cool :-)

Also, all the comments about grabbing Dunn in the 4th, or Kendry in the 5th; maybe my league is a bit more competitive than I think. You guys must be joking.... Dunn might not get to me at #23, he projects as a top 10 player.
Lukin13
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 3)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions