Help with auction pre-draft rankings on yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Help with auction pre-draft rankings on yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help with auction pre-draft rankings on yahoo

Postby cougarboiler » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:13 pm

Has anyone drafted a good team by setting up pre-draft rankings and letting the autodraft on yahoo run? In a nutshell, I have my rankings set up where I'm trying to target certain players by setting my max bid higher than normal for them, but after watching my system on a few auction mock drafts, the autodrafter does not do a good job of following my suggestions (either not raising the bid on players on whom I set the max higher than a given bid (for example hanley going at $50 to another team while I have his max set at $55), or bidding higher than my max on other players).

When I run my rankings in a mock draft on auto (other teams are mostly autodrafting also), I seem to end up with are teams with 4-5 players that go for $40+, maybe one $30 player, and the rest are $1.

My league has 12 teams, is H2H, and the scoring a categories are:
R, HR, AVG, RBI, SB OPS W SV K ERA WHIP QS

and the lineup is: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL

I really want to play in this league, but I have to work during the draft time. Does anyone have any advice or experience setting something like this up? Thanks!
cougarboiler
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions