Utley has cortisone shot - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Utley has cortisone shot

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Utley has cortisone shot

Postby sjguzin » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:27 am

"Philadelphia Phillies second baseman Chase Utley is missing another spring training game after getting a cortisone shot in his right knee
The 32-year-old Utley got the shot Friday. He has not appeared in any of the Phillies eight exhibition games this spring, and was out of the lineup for Saturday's game against the Pittsburgh Pirates.

Is anyoe scared of taking him high with his injury past and now this?
sjguzin
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Utley has cortisone shot

Postby eneric » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:47 pm

Utley WAS going to be a highly sought after piece to my team before this. Now I can honestly say I'm going to invest my money on other positions. A healthy Utley will go for around $40 in a mixed auction league and I can't gamble that much money on a guy who may or not play everyday and when he does play you can be certain he won't be 100% I don't care how tough he is. I'm staying away from him.
eneric
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 32)

Postby Skimo77 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:29 pm

Very scary to say the least! :-o He's not getting any younger and the fact that he's already having knee issues and it's only March is enough to turn me off. Throw in the fact that he plays a high impact position (2B) the chance of him having more injuries is significant. Turning double plays and throwing tags down on stolen base attempts does not bode well for his knees. If you can catch him later in the draft i'd obviously go for him, but only pencil in 115-125 games this season i'd say.
Skimo77
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 31)

Postby ABA316 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:29 pm

I just had a similar issue, tendinitis/bursitis and my right knee is bone on bone almost.

I couldn't walk for 5 weeks without crutches and a large brace.

Granted I'm not in the physical shape he is and I'm older (37 to his 32 haha) but I couldn't even bend my knee almost all of that 5 weeks. This isn't going to be a miss a day here and there.
ABA316
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Injuries & Player Updates