Please advise with strategy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Please advise with strategy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please advise with strategy

Postby brodway » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:11 pm

The league that i have joined is rather unique in that there are 9 hitting/fielding(1b, 2b, 3b, SS, C, 3 OF and any one other hitter) categories and 6 pitching categories (4 starting pitchers and 2 closers), so the league is skewed towards hitting.

The following categories come into play, and each category is awarded same number of points.

For hitting:

single
double
triple
home run
walk
stolen base
rbi
run scored
average

For Pitching:

win
loss
era
strike out
save
inning pitched

What would be your strategy in drafting...im puzzled as to when to start to go afer pitching as the hitting caterory outweigh the pitching 9 to 6...Also, im thinking i should look for speed as doubles, triples and stolen bases represent a good portion of the points.

Thanks in advance.
brodway

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Sat Mar 27, 2004 6:37 pm

Interesting.. in this league, a guy with 190 hits and 40 steals as valuable as they come.

Don't get too caught up in the power hitters (Bonds, Vlad, Sosa, etc) as most of them can be nullified by guys like Ichiro, Crawford, and the like. However, the power hitters with many hits, such as Pujols, and comination of power and speed, such as A-Rod, still deserve to be picked first. I'd actually go for some stud pitchers early on and use the scoring equalities to my advantage, as a steal is as good as a homer in your format.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:38 pm

i was thinking the same thing....

pick up some speed and consistency.....

im looking to pick up Abreu, Beltran, but not Soriano, as he will probably be picked up in the first few picks and im picking 6th...

thanks for your advice

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:42 pm

I think that using "hits" as one of the first categories to look when ranking your players should be a good indicator of which players are best in that league. Helton hits at about a 200 per year click, and Kendall should be a nice catcher in that format.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers