Keeper auction help needed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Keeper auction help needed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper auction help needed

Postby kidfan9 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:15 pm

I've started a keeper auction league and need some input as to how we should proceed for next year. I'm looking to find out what to do with the price of each player that was paid this year, here's what I'm thinking. Any player that was over $5 would remain at that price for next season and any player under $5 would be raised up to that level if he is to be kept for the next season. I'm sure there are a lot of other ways to go but I'm trying to make it as easy as possible as we are a free league at this point and there is no need to get too technical with the rules. We will be keeping 5 players from year to year with the standard $260 budget in the draft.
Ted Williams--Last man to hit .400
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper auction help needed

Postby bigmck » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:50 pm

Hi -- You need to treat all players the same. A simple way to do it is players get their Auction Salary for the first two years. The third year it would increase by five and the fourth year and every year after that it increases by ten. If a player is dropped during the year and picked up again, he should keep the same salary. If he is not on a team at the end of the year, then his contract would start all over in the spring auction.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner