We are looking for an auction league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

We are looking for an auction league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

We are looking for an auction league

Postby tratican » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:49 pm

Hey guys,

My brother and I are looking for a new league. The ideal league would be a head to head auction league with contracts. Minor league rosters are fun too but not required. So, if you have a league like this and 2 openings email me at tedratican@yahoo.com with info.

Thanks in advance.

Ted
tratican
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: We are looking for an auction league

Postby brockwilliams » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:47 pm

You would have to CO-Own.

Charlotte based league needs an EXPERIENCED owner to take over an existing team. Draft date is set for March 26th at 10:30 am. League fee is $200 and this cover all transactions for the year. This a LIVE AUCTION league so you must attend the draft. Roster is 23 players, 14 hitters and 9 pitchers. If you are interested we are playing golf on Friday if you want to join.

Contact me at bmw.99@cox.net

12 TEAM---NL ONLY
ROTO STYLE
FAAB BASED PICK UPS
5 X 5 STANDARD CATEGORIES
AUCTION STYLE
KEEPER
5 man reserve minor/major NOT AL.
PAYOUTS---50%, 30%, 15%, 5%
260 CAP
brockwilliams
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby tratican » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:05 pm

Looking for our own teams so you would need two open spots plus looking for a mixed league. Not really in to NL or AL only leagues.
tratican
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby curep4 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:03 pm

We are not a H2H league but maybe you will consider us...

The basic copy/paste run down:

-Roto
-5x5
-Daily FAAB
-20$ entry
-Redraft

The league has been running for over 5 years+. We are looking for owners that are dedicated and don't have too much on their plates with other leagues. We have a weekly activity requirement. You can lose your team and your entry fee if you dont follow our activity requirements without letting us know in advance you will be gone. We had two people bow out at pretty much the last minute. We need two quality replacements.

20$ entry fee with 100% payout through leaguesafe.com. Payout will be for the top 3 teams. We are going to require people to pay before draft day.

Some Details:
Draft Day: Still TBA (weekend date target 11th-13th / 18th-20th / 25th-27th)
C/1/2/3/SS/MI/CI/OF/OF/OF/OF/OF/UTL/9P/BN/BN/BN/BN 2DL (pretty much standard ESPN settings)
1440 IP Max

Email: curep4@gmail.com to join or if you have any questions. Just give me a brief description of your skill level and any info you'd like to share.
curep4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Madmatter » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:46 am

If you interested, I was in the same boat as you looking for a league. Decided to follow-though on running one myself. Here are the details. Let me know if you interested.

This will be a keeper league, you can keep 5 players year 1 (2012), 8 players year 2 (2013), 12 players year 3 (2014) of the league. The reason for the stagger is simple, if a team is not committed year 1 a replacement owner will not be completely messed up.

Keeper increases are a straight $4 per year. Let's say you drafted heyward last year for $15, this year he would be $19, next year $23, the year after $27, etc... There is no cap on how long players can be kept.

Up to 2 Minor league players can be kept per year at their auction value. So if you pick up Bryce harper for $1, you can keep him next year for $1. These DO not count against your keepers.

The definition of a minor leaguer for our league is any player with less then 50 Major League Games Played.

Minor leaguers will count against your bench. There is nothing forcing you to carry any minor leaguers at all.

This is a pay league. $125.00 per team via League safe... I will send out the league safe invites once we get to 8 teams signed up. If we do not have 10 or 12 teams by 3/16 we will call it quits.... any money deposited will be returned.

Prize payout will be:

10% (20% total) to division winners
50% to 1st place ( playoff winner )
30% to 2nd place (Playoff runner up)

League ID#: 108170
League Name: Boom Town Allstars
Password: baseball12
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com ... wnallstars
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Auction Draft
Draft Time: Sun Mar 20 3:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Max Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 21, 2011
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: FAAB w/ Continual rolling list tiebreak
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 6
Min Innings Pitched: 15
Weekly Deadline: Weekly on Monday
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 7 days from Sep 12 to Sep 18
Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Quality Starts (QS)
Madmatter
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Classifieds