Bittersweet day - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Bittersweet day

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bittersweet day

Postby perlick29 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:08 pm

Madison wrote:
perlick29 wrote:No apology necessary as I too am one of his biggest supporters. I'll never be inside enough to know what Vince thinks of people, but... I'm going to Bridgeport, CT April 11th backstage to work with Morrison as host of a "high flyer" project. From what I already know about him, he is very smart, and very creative, as when he and Miz were doing their online dirt sheet segment, Morrison was actually the head writer. It's why I always thought Miz was going to be a big star. He is also a tremendous talent behind the mic, as polarizing as he is on the mat. I'm very much looking forward to working with Morrison first hand though.

It must be very cool to work with these guys and gals on a first hand basis. You are one lucky guy! ;-D

Miz is fun to boo. :-D He makes a good bad guy, which Raw is currently lacking. Other than Miz, it's a bit dry right now as far as bad guys who can talk. Maybe there will be a swerve at 'Mania or something to change that. We'll see, and I can't wait! :-)

Yeah, working with the talent is a perk of the job, and most of them are really cool people. Despite what people think of him in the ring, The Miz is my favorite to work with, and guys and gals really do go out of their way to accommodate you ie. the Miz wearing a blonde mullet and mustache for our Mullets and Miz-Staches month, or Mickie James wearing various outfits for a project we worked on. B-)

I hear Jericho will be back after Fozzy is done touring, and he's always been a good bad guy.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:06 pm

when I saw someone on fb post that Austin was going to be on Raw, I tuned in. Didn't recognize hardly anyone else though :-*

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:14 pm

perlick29 wrote:Yeah, working with the talent is a perk of the job, and most of them are really cool people. Despite what people think of him in the ring, The Miz is my favorite to work with, and guys and gals really do go out of their way to accommodate you ie. the Miz wearing a blonde mullet and mustache for our Mullets and Miz-Staches month, or Mickie James wearing various outfits for a project we worked on. B-)

I hear Jericho will be back after Fozzy is done touring, and he's always been a good bad guy.

Oddly enough, Miz has really grown on me as far as the overall respect goes. In the ring he's pretty good, on the mic he's getting good, he plays his character well, and from what I can tell, he represents the WWE really well when doing appearances. I saw one clip where he was getting heckled really bad, and I mean treated downright terrible by a few idiots at an autograph signing, but he kept his cool, kept his smile, and went on about business (security eventually got rid of said idiots). So from everything I can tell, he really is one of the good guys. I respect all WWE talent, I appreciate what they do and what they sacrifice for the fans, but there are always performers that earn even more based on their overall character (in and out of the ring, on television or not). Triple H, Undertaker, John Cena, the list goes on as to guys I hold even higher, and the Miz might reach that level, he's certainly on track.

Getting Jericho back would help, but with all the new talent and the huge roster the WWE has, they really need to let some guys cut loose on the mic and go for it. Just for fun, I pulled up the Raw roster just now and there are 46 people on it. 8-o To fill 2 hours a week (minus commercials). I understand needing bodies for house shows and things, but that's a huge roster. Smackdown has 36 for comparison. With a smaller roster, stars can be given more air time and built into whatever they can be. Just for fun, I'm going to see if I can find time soon and start a wrestling thread with my review of everyone on the Raw and Smackdown roster. Could be entertaining. :-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:51 pm

How did this turn into another stupid discussion about this stupid male soap opera? If you're interested in cartoon violence Tom and Jerry did it best, or maybe the Roadrunner :-?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:39 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:How did this turn into another stupid discussion about this stupid male soap opera? If you're interested in cartoon violence Tom and Jerry did it best, or maybe the Roadrunner :-?

at least they're not talking about soccer
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby markj11 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:21 am

perlick29 wrote:Just a crappy Friday that I thought I'd vent:

I got a promotion I've been wanting for 2 years. I found out on Tuesday of this week. My co-worker and friend found out today that he hadn't gotten the same promotion (apparently there was only one spot) and he didn't take it well (who would?). From what I heard he flew off the handle at my boss though since it's second hand info I don't know the details. But the sad part is our exchange, minutes after he found out the bad news, he was unaware until his review that I had gotten the promotion. I went to him to see if we were getting drinks after work:

Him: "I can't believe they gave you the promotion and not me."
Me: "I take it you just had your review. I'm sorry to hear that man."
Him: "YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE AN AP (Associate Producer)
Me: "That's not really a nice attitude to have, there's nothing I could have done about it."
Him: "I'm going to be switching departments as soon as I can."
Me: "That would be a shame."
Him: "You should leave now."
Me: "Then that's what I'll do."

I walked out and didn't see him again since it was about 4pm. I took the high road as you can see from our conversation but the capitalized line left me really shaken up. It's a lot easier said than done to not care what someone says to you, but when you hear something like that capitalized sentence said to me with such malice, it was really a tough moment, emotional for him as it was I'm sure, but it's about the biggest insult I could have heard right then.

Aristotle said that there are two kinds of friends: Real friends, and friends of utility. It's sad that I discovered this guy was the latter. It won't feel good to walk in on Monday and have to deal worry about how to behave around him. Just put me in a real funk. Thanks for reading my vent, hope I didn't you put you in a downer mood too.

I'm a little late to the party but congrats. That little exchange between your friend and you shows why you got the promotion and he didn't.
I ain't askin' nobody for nothin, If I can't get it on my own. - Charlie Daniels
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to General Talk