Bittersweet day - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Bittersweet day

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Bittersweet day

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:48 am

Bring back Koko B. Ware. I'm not watching until the Birdman and Frankie come back.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 283)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dAnzac » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:19 pm

perlick29 wrote:
dAnzac wrote:
perlick29 wrote:but my sense is that if we transition away from the PG era,

So I can start watching again soon?
There won't be 45 guys in black tights called Fred Smith? %-6

/end rant LOL :-b

Yeah well The Rock is back for WrestleMania so they've been letting the expletives fly more. The decision to go PG was politically driven, but also served to hook a new generation of wrestling fans like they did in the early 90s with the Ultimate Warrior and all those goofy characters they trotted out.

Besides, those "Fred Smith's" you are talking about are some of the most influential people in wrestling. Meet Iron Mike Sharpe, who I'm now convinced had all of his material stolen by The Rock, including his family connection. He is my favorite of the "Fred Smiths":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXNF-o0 ... re=related

I wasn't picking on the guys from previous decades, most of them were completely insane and hilarious.

I was meaning people from the current generation like Randy Orton, Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes, who are so boring I want to gouge my eyes out. X-I ....and I attempted to watch it the other day, and all the new guys seemed to have normal names like Justin and Fred and wear black tights. Who wants to cheer for someone who sounds like they work in a bank? ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:52 pm

The WWE does have Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan), although I miss him in the ROH days. "You're gonna get your ****ing head kicked in!"
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 619)

Postby perlick29 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:28 pm

dAnzac wrote:
perlick29 wrote:
dAnzac wrote:
So I can start watching again soon?
There won't be 45 guys in black tights called Fred Smith? %-6

/end rant LOL :-b

Yeah well The Rock is back for WrestleMania so they've been letting the expletives fly more. The decision to go PG was politically driven, but also served to hook a new generation of wrestling fans like they did in the early 90s with the Ultimate Warrior and all those goofy characters they trotted out.

Besides, those "Fred Smith's" you are talking about are some of the most influential people in wrestling. Meet Iron Mike Sharpe, who I'm now convinced had all of his material stolen by The Rock, including his family connection. He is my favorite of the "Fred Smiths":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXNF-o0 ... re=related

I wasn't picking on the guys from previous decades, most of them were completely insane and hilarious.

I was meaning people from the current generation like Randy Orton, Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes, who are so boring I want to gouge my eyes out. X-I ....and I attempted to watch it the other day, and all the new guys seemed to have normal names like Justin and Fred and wear black tights. Who wants to cheer for someone who sounds like they work in a bank? ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Totally agree. In the world of word-for-word scripted promos, these guys are incapable of sticking out. It's the way it will be for the time being I'm afraid.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:32 pm

The Artful Dodger wrote:The WWE does have Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan), although I miss him in the ROH days. "You're gonna get your ****ing head kicked in!"

I'm also interested in what we do with Mistico, or who we're calling Sin Cara. I'll be working on some personality profiles of guys who will be on NXT season 6 (wwe.com only) so we'll see what kind of talent emerges from there. It'll be nice to go down to Florida, meet with them and get a feel for who they are.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:06 pm

perlick29 wrote:
The Artful Dodger wrote:The WWE does have Bryan Danielson (Daniel Bryan), although I miss him in the ROH days. "You're gonna get your ****ing head kicked in!"

I'm also interested in what we do with Mistico, or who we're calling Sin Cara. I'll be working on some personality profiles of guys who will be on NXT season 6 (wwe.com only) so we'll see what kind of talent emerges from there. It'll be nice to go down to Florida, meet with them and get a feel for who they are.

what? do you think your job is exciting or something? today alone I have done taxes for 5 people and I have another scheduled in 25 minutes! tomorrow, I get to go to a construction company and count inventory (lumber)!!! in your face dude. :^ ;-7
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 181)

Postby perlick29 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:13 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
perlick29 wrote:

what? do you think your job is exciting or something? today alone I have done taxes for 5 people and I have another scheduled in 25 minutes! tomorrow, I get to go to a construction company and count inventory (lumber)!!! in your face dude. :^ ;-7

pwned. !+)
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 pm

perlick29 wrote:I'm also interested in what we do with Mistico, or who we're calling Sin Cara. I'll be working on some personality profiles of guys who will be on NXT season 6 (wwe.com only) so we'll see what kind of talent emerges from there. It'll be nice to go down to Florida, meet with them and get a feel for who they are.

Sin Cara should do well I think. WWE is pretty stocked with high flying little guys right now, so signing him should bring more exposure and great matches. Evan Bourne is the first name that pops up in my mind as far as someone who has yet to grab the spotlight, but there's also Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, and quite a few more that he will match up well with.

Personally though, I like to watch the big guys (ok, ok, divas first, then the big brawlers :-D ). Looking forward to seeing what happens with Skip Sheffield once he comes back from injury. That guy is HUGE! 8-o He was showing some good intensity prior to the injury and WWE is stocked on big guys now too with Tyler Reks, Chris Masters, Mason Ryan, Sheamus, and so forth.

Read not too long ago that Vince isn't big on Morrison and that really stunned me. I take what I read with a grain of salt of course, so I don't know if that's really how Vince feels, but I see Morrison as the next HBK. He's got it all and I honestly can't believe out of the recent "big" things (Royal Rumble, King of the Ring, Elimination Chamber) that Morrison didn't walk away with a HUGE win somewhere. Personal opinion is that the WWE dropped the ball there. One win out of any of those 3 things would have cemented Morrison as a legit player. Instead, Sheamus wins King of the Ring and has promptly been fodder (8 match losing streak - Sheamus needed that win, why?), Del Rio wins the Royal Rumble (I get it, trying to make him a player and rumor is he will beat Edge and become Champ at 'Mania - so I get the storyline there), and Cena wins the Chamber to face Miz at 'Mania (Cena sells tickets, so I get that too, but Morrison/Miz at 'Mania would have been sweet - they tore the roof off on Raw a couple of times, I can only imagine what they'd do at "The Show of Shows"). So I don't know what's going on with Morrison, the kid is a player, but really does need one big win somewhere to cement that fact. Sorry for the ramble. !+)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby perlick29 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:53 pm

Madison wrote:
perlick29 wrote:I'm also interested in what we do with Mistico, or who we're calling Sin Cara. I'll be working on some personality profiles of guys who will be on NXT season 6 (wwe.com only) so we'll see what kind of talent emerges from there. It'll be nice to go down to Florida, meet with them and get a feel for who they are.

Sin Cara should do well I think. WWE is pretty stocked with high flying little guys right now, so signing him should bring more exposure and great matches. Evan Bourne is the first name that pops up in my mind as far as someone who has yet to grab the spotlight, but there's also Tyson Kidd, Justin Gabriel, and quite a few more that he will match up well with.

Personally though, I like to watch the big guys (ok, ok, divas first, then the big brawlers :-D ). Looking forward to seeing what happens with Skip Sheffield once he comes back from injury. That guy is HUGE! 8-o He was showing some good intensity prior to the injury and WWE is stocked on big guys now too with Tyler Reks, Chris Masters, Mason Ryan, Sheamus, and so forth.

Read not too long ago that Vince isn't big on Morrison and that really stunned me. I take what I read with a grain of salt of course, so I don't know if that's really how Vince feels, but I see Morrison as the next HBK. He's got it all and I honestly can't believe out of the recent "big" things (Royal Rumble, King of the Ring, Elimination Chamber) that Morrison didn't walk away with a HUGE win somewhere. Personal opinion is that the WWE dropped the ball there. One win out of any of those 3 things would have cemented Morrison as a legit player. Instead, Sheamus wins King of the Ring and has promptly been fodder (8 match losing streak - Sheamus needed that win, why?), Del Rio wins the Royal Rumble (I get it, trying to make him a player and rumor is he will beat Edge and become Champ at 'Mania - so I get the storyline there), and Cena wins the Chamber to face Miz at 'Mania (Cena sells tickets, so I get that too, but Morrison/Miz at 'Mania would have been sweet - they tore the roof off on Raw a couple of times, I can only imagine what they'd do at "The Show of Shows"). So I don't know what's going on with Morrison, the kid is a player, but really does need one big win somewhere to cement that fact. Sorry for the ramble. !+)

No apology necessary as I too am one of his biggest supporters. I'll never be inside enough to know what Vince thinks of people, but... I'm going to Bridgeport, CT April 11th backstage to work with Morrison as host of a "high flyer" project. From what I already know about him, he is very smart, and very creative, as when he and Miz were doing their online dirt sheet segment, Morrison was actually the head writer. It's why I always thought Miz was going to be a big star. He is also a tremendous talent behind the mic, as polarizing as he is on the mat. I'm very much looking forward to working with Morrison first hand though.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:36 am

perlick29 wrote:No apology necessary as I too am one of his biggest supporters. I'll never be inside enough to know what Vince thinks of people, but... I'm going to Bridgeport, CT April 11th backstage to work with Morrison as host of a "high flyer" project. From what I already know about him, he is very smart, and very creative, as when he and Miz were doing their online dirt sheet segment, Morrison was actually the head writer. It's why I always thought Miz was going to be a big star. He is also a tremendous talent behind the mic, as polarizing as he is on the mat. I'm very much looking forward to working with Morrison first hand though.

It must be very cool to work with these guys and gals on a first hand basis. You are one lucky guy! ;-D

Miz is fun to boo. :-D He makes a good bad guy, which Raw is currently lacking. Other than Miz, it's a bit dry right now as far as bad guys who can talk. Maybe there will be a swerve at 'Mania or something to change that. We'll see, and I can't wait! :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk