lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 169)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Bittersweet day

Postby StlSluggers » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:58 pm

AquaMan2342 wrote:I'd call that a great day. You earned the promotion you've wanted for a long time...

...and found out who his real friends are. It's tough now, but better to know that sooner than later.

Congratulations on the promotion. I have no doubt you deserved it. ;-D
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Madison » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:16 am

Congrats on the promotion man! ;-D

Don't let the jerk get to you, there are tons and tons and tons of people that think they "deserve" something in life, but in this case, your boss determined that you EARNED your promotion. Just chalk him up to being yet another one of the millions out there that think the world owes them something and certainly someone that isn't worth your time or friendship.

And hey, if you're working where I last heard you were working, releasing a Maryse DVD would be much appreciated. O:-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:54 am

I don't know your friend and if the extent of the conversation is just how/what you say it is, don't let it get to you. There's still a chance he comes to his senses and apologizes. If this was a really good friend of mine and this was the first time I had seen this side of him, I'd give him a second chance. There isn't anything conclusive from this incident alone to say if he's a real friend or a friend out of convenience. Again, it all depends on how your friendship is. I wouldn't rule him out as merely a friend of utility, unless he really continues on a mean streak. Just stay professional and keep playing it cool.

...or you can confront him Monday morning with an "attitude adjustment" or an "FU" on the sound mixer. :-b
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 677)

Postby StlSluggers » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:23 am

The Artful Dodger wrote:...or you can confront him Monday morning with an "attitude adjustment" or an "FU" on the sound mixer. :-b

How about a little Cee-Lo/Troll Guy combo?

I see you sittin' in your office with the job I had and I'm like...

StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:26 am

Mookie4ever wrote:If he was a friend then I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's under some tremendous pressure at home, maybe he really needed the extra cash for something.

And if he is just a jerk then there is always the Bittersweet Symphony for winners.

technoviking into the other guy's office like a boss
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby perlick29 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:37 pm

Madison wrote:Congrats on the promotion man! ;-D

Don't let the jerk get to you, there are tons and tons and tons of people that think they "deserve" something in life, but in this case, your boss determined that you EARNED your promotion. Just chalk him up to being yet another one of the millions out there that think the world owes them something and certainly someone that isn't worth your time or friendship.

And hey, if you're working where I last heard you were working, releasing a Maryse DVD would be much appreciated. O:-)

Yes I still work at WWE. In fact one of the things that helped put me over the top was this creation which I recommend checking out, since this is one of my pride and joys: (shameless plug)

http://www.wwemarchmania.com

I will not give the answers so you can win prizes but it's a 32 person tournament based on matches that have taken place in history. I think today is the last day to sign up.

Anyway, my friend texted me: "Didn't mean to take my frustrations out on you. We'll talk about it over a beer this week."

That's a start to mending fences. The words sorry or congratulations could have been included, but still. Now I can go in on Monday and teknoviking or whatever else. To answer some questions he's a younger child from Long Island, who's always been a hot head which got him in trouble a couple of times, but he is still a friend, although not one of my best ones anymore I think. Despite that little incident It was a real proud week for me and my fiancee so we can move past it hopefully.

Thanks for the support and the nice words everyone they mean a lot. I have no idea if we'll come out with a new Divas DVD anytime soon, but my sense is that if we transition away from the PG era, there'll be another one along shortly. A few months ago I worked backstage as a Producer with Michelle McCool and Layla, they were incredible to work with not to mention :-L 8-o .
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:30 pm

perlick29 wrote:
Madison wrote:Congrats on the promotion man! ;-D

Yes I still work at WWE. In fact one of the things that helped put me over the top was this creation which I recommend checking out, since this is one of my pride and joys: (shameless plug)

http://www.wwemarchmania.com

I will not give the answers so you can win prizes but it's a 32 person tournament based on matches that have taken place in history. I think today is the last day to sign up.

Anyway, my friend texted me: "Didn't mean to take my frustrations out on you. We'll talk about it over a beer this week."

That's a start to mending fences. The words sorry or congratulations could have been included, but still. Now I can go in on Monday and teknoviking or whatever else. To answer some questions he's a younger child from Long Island, who's always been a hot head which got him in trouble a couple of times, but he is still a friend, although not one of my best ones anymore I think. Despite that little incident It was a real proud week for me and my fiancee so we can move past it hopefully.

Thanks for the support and the nice words everyone they mean a lot. I have no idea if we'll come out with a new Divas DVD anytime soon, but my sense is that if we transition away from the PG era, there'll be another one along shortly. A few months ago I worked backstage as a Producer with Michelle McCool and Layla, they were incredible to work with not to mention :-L 8-o .

Glad to hear your friend apologized. ;-D

Cool, I'll check out the link. Says March 8th is the deadline, so I've got a couple of days. :-)

Careful around Michelle, while she is hot and awesome, 'Taker's a big guy that I wouldn't want to mess with. :-D Now get WWE away from the PG stuff so I can have my divas DVD! Been awhile since one was produced and I need my fix! :-b

Congrats again on the promotion, knock 'em dead! ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dAnzac » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:34 am

perlick29 wrote:but my sense is that if we transition away from the PG era,

So I can start watching again soon?
There won't be 45 guys in black tights called Fred Smith? %-6

/end rant LOL :-b
Cafe bets 2010:
W/j24jags - Oakland A's more wins then NYM
W/mweir145 - Oakland A's more wins then TOR (hat-trick?)
dAnzac
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby perlick29 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:58 am

dAnzac wrote:
perlick29 wrote:but my sense is that if we transition away from the PG era,

So I can start watching again soon?
There won't be 45 guys in black tights called Fred Smith? %-6

/end rant LOL :-b

Yeah well The Rock is back for WrestleMania so they've been letting the expletives fly more. The decision to go PG was politically driven, but also served to hook a new generation of wrestling fans like they did in the early 90s with the Ultimate Warrior and all those goofy characters they trotted out.

Besides, those "Fred Smith's" you are talking about are some of the most influential people in wrestling. Meet Iron Mike Sharpe, who I'm now convinced had all of his material stolen by The Rock, including his family connection. He is my favorite of the "Fred Smiths":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILXNF-o0 ... re=related
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk