Rate My Team 8 Team H2H Pts League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Rate My Team 8 Team H2H Pts League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate My Team 8 Team H2H Pts League

Postby MarinersFan21 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:49 am

So, I haven't officially had my real draft yet, but i've been doing alot of mock drafts and when I did my most recent one I drafted from 4th and ended up with this team, which I like. I have generally drafted a team such as this, almost every one of these players, minus a few here and there. What do you think about it, and have I done well in balancing my team? Hopefully I can draft my real team like this, as I really like these players and this roster:

8 Team H2H Points League

C Arencibia
1B Fielder
2B Nishioka
3B Sandoval
SS Tulowitzki
1B/3B Alvarez
2B/SS Andrus
OF Ichiro
OF Heyward
OF Stanton
UTIL Hunter (or whos available)
DH Lind
P Hernandez
P Kershaw
P Hamels
P Johnson
P Feliz
BE Hellickson
BE Bumgarner
BE Pineda
BE Ackley
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate My Team 8 Team H2H Pts League

Postby MarinersFan21 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:35 pm

WHIR....anyone?
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HueyntheNews » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:41 pm

To be honest I'm not the biggest fan of this team. Your pitching is undeniably clutch but in an 8 team league you should have way better C 2B 3B. You obviously drafted Tulo and Felix first which is a good combo but i feel if you've drafted a SP in the first couple rounds you can wait until the 5th or 6th to draft a second, ESPECIALLY in a tiny 8 team league. For this league, there are really only 5 acceptable 2nd basemen, 6 3rd basemen, and 5 catchers. Sandoval isnt bad but he wont give you an advantage. In head to head points you can definitely come out on top if you wait a bit on pitching. Pitchers can get hurt, and only play once a week, theres a lot more risk in drafting Felix than there is drafting Cano. I tend to draft my infield first and it usually works out. Like i said phenomenal pitching but I'm expecting your C 2B 3B positions to give you less than 15 pts a week on average, with maybe Panda coming close to 20.

Any opinions on mine? viewtopic.php?t=423389
Hitters: C-Lucroy 1B-Fielder 2B-Kipnis, 3B-Cabrera SS-Tulowitzki OF-Bautista, Cruz, Heyward U-V.Martinez
Bench: Teixeira, Infante, J.Hamilton
Pitchers: Cole, Haren, Samardzija, Weaver, Zimmermann, Chavez, Wood, Sabathia, D.Robertson
HueyntheNews
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 20)

Postby MarinersFan21 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:05 am

Thanks for the input, and yes I did basically intentionally hold off on drafting 2B 3B and C, just to get more ace pitching. I feel like catcher is a position where I don't really think I should "waste" a high pick on a guy like Mauer or Posey or whoever. I mean I understand the huge drop off, but I had Kurt Suzuki last year and I did reasonably well with someone of his caliber. I would like to get more elite level infielders but I never know when to pass up on an ace pitcher or something, and who really I can target. I felt like pitching was too important in our league last year, and I know theres alot of depth and quality, but I guess so far ive felt like I can sacrifice some positions in order to get the best possible pitching lineup. I am basically banking on guys like sandoval alvarez, etc. to pan out. Anybody have advice on what I can do and when to go after the top infielders? I feel like i'm pretty set on getting a guy like Tulo first, then an ace like Felix. After that idk. Thanks
MarinersFan21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby christoph926 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:42 pm

Pitching staff is nice and it definitely has depth which is good but in head-to-head that will not win. Trust me I've been there too many times. But your corner infield is potential for disaster. Even as a huge Brewers fan, I don't know how I feel about Prince this season. He's on a win-now team this year so if he starts slacking early I'd drop him.
christoph926
T-Ball Trainer

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team