Who needs the NFL? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Who needs the NFL?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who needs the NFL?

Postby Madison » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:49 am

Lingerie Football League officials announced Wednesday that the third season of LFL Football starting this fall could see a move in games being played on Sunday afternoons vs. Friday nights, should the NFL suspend or delay the start of its season.

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/ricks-cafe-the-rise-of-the-lingerie-football-league/related

Let them play! Let them play! Let them play! B-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Who needs the NFL?

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:31 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcSEE7TuGU

wow it actually looks pretty hardcore. some pretty hard hits and they wear almost no padding.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby perlick29 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:45 am

Madison wrote:
Lingerie Football League officials announced Wednesday that the third season of LFL Football starting this fall could see a move in games being played on Sunday afternoons vs. Friday nights, should the NFL suspend or delay the start of its season.

http://offthebench.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/ricks-cafe-the-rise-of-the-lingerie-football-league/related

I have it on good authority that a certain company I am very familiar with is thinking of buying this league. And you didn't hear it from me, but that company is also dead set on buying... The Harlem Globetrotters??? The whims of a mad man sometimes, I swear.
Forget the man crush. I drop what I'm doing to watch Zack Greinke pitch.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:05 pm

perlick29 wrote:
Madison wrote:

I have it on good authority that a certain company I am very familiar with is thinking of buying this league. And you didn't hear it from me, but that company is also dead set on buying... The Harlem Globetrotters??? The whims of a mad man sometimes, I swear.

8-o

No clue what's up with the Globetrotters, but buying the Lingerie Football League sounds pretty cool. At least if that happened, they'd be guaranteed some air time since that "madman" :-b wouldn't buy them if a TV deal couldn't be made. Sounds interesting. :-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby perlick29 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:44 pm

Madison wrote:
perlick29 wrote:

8-o

No clue what's up with the Globetrotters, but buying the Lingerie Football League sounds pretty cool. At least if that happened, they'd be guaranteed some air time since that "madman" :-b wouldn't buy them if a TV deal couldn't be made. Sounds interesting. :-)

It's money not well spent IMO but at least the company is attempting to branch out. There are other plans too... (our own network, shhhhh...) that would be much more profitable.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafecasterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Madison » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:40 pm

perlick29 wrote:It's money not well spent IMO but at least the company is attempting to branch out. There are other plans too... (our own network, shhhhh...) that would be much more profitable.

Not sure on the football league, I would think money could be made there but I don't really know.

Already knew about the network, REALLY been looking forward to that (even though every time I hear about those plans, they keep getting pushed back :,-( ).
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby perlick29 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:57 pm

Madison wrote:
perlick29 wrote:It's money not well spent IMO but at least the company is attempting to branch out. There are other plans too... (our own network, shhhhh...) that would be much more profitable.

Not sure on the football league, I would think money could be made there but I don't really know.

Already knew about the network, REALLY been looking forward to that (even though every time I hear about those plans, they keep getting pushed back :,-( ).

I like the idea of the football league but we've not had a great track record with football. It's not meant as being vain, but If/when the network starts, I am a logical choice to be a driving force on it considering I already work for WWE Classics on Demand, and the rumor is that we'll be the crew that does the heavy lifting on the network when it launches. With the new promotion it means I'll have a lot to do with the construction of it.
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:43 am

perlick29 wrote:I like the idea of the football league but we've not had a great track record with football. It's not meant as being vain, but If/when the network starts, I am a logical choice to be a driving force on it considering I already work for WWE Classics on Demand, and the rumor is that we'll be the crew that does the heavy lifting on the network when it launches. With the new promotion it means I'll have a lot to do with the construction of it.

True, the football route hasn't been too good so far, but I'll admit I enjoyed the first attempt. Funny how the NFL now has a camera over the field, isn't it? I wonder who came up with that bright idea... ;-7

Sounds awesome with the job. So if I don't like the programming, you'll be the one for me to yell at? Cool! Just kidding of course. :-D Does sound like an awesome position to have though, here's hoping it works out the way you want. ;-D
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby perlick29 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:59 pm

Madison wrote:
perlick29 wrote:I like the idea of the football league but we've not had a great track record with football. It's not meant as being vain, but If/when the network starts, I am a logical choice to be a driving force on it considering I already work for WWE Classics on Demand, and the rumor is that we'll be the crew that does the heavy lifting on the network when it launches. With the new promotion it means I'll have a lot to do with the construction of it.

True, the football route hasn't been too good so far, but I'll admit I enjoyed the first attempt. Funny how the NFL now has a camera over the field, isn't it? I wonder who came up with that bright idea... ;-7

Sounds awesome with the job. So if I don't like the programming, you'll be the one for me to yell at? Cool! Just kidding of course. :-D Does sound like an awesome position to have though, here's hoping it works out the way you want. ;-D

Yeah you can gladly yell at me when the time comes. :-D
perlick29
General Manager
General Manager

Return to General Talk