Prior? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Prior?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Prior?

Postby jumpman8288 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:25 pm

I'm really getting worried about this Achilles of his. Earlier today I read on Yahoo that there are rumors circulating that he may be out until May/June! While I highly doubt he will miss that much time, do you think I should try to deal him away?

9 Team Roto League
H, R, HR, RBI, SB, K, BB, BA, OBP
IP, W, L, SV, BB, H, K, ERA, WHIP

C J. Varitek
1B D. Lee
2B J. Kent
3B M. Teixeira
SS M. Tejada
OF V. Guerrero
OF L. Berkman
OF B. Giles
Util C. Crawford
Util C. Patterson
BN M. Loretta
BN M. Cabrera

SP M Prior
SP J. Vazquez
SP B. Webb
RP O. Dotel
RP D. Riske
P J. Santana
P C. Sabathia
P T. Hudson
BN J. Nathan
BN F. Cordero
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sinicalypse » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:56 pm

nah, unless you get the OFFER THAT YOU CAN'T REFUSE, why trade prior now? his value is down from what it was before this achilles thing came up, so you wont get what hes worth.

i think your team, barring any purely ungodly teams, is all around pretty damn good and you'll be in the top 3 of your league. good job.

quite frankily javvy vazquez, hudson, santana, and webb should more than shoulder the load while prior's out. if he comes back soon, you've potentially got one of the more dominating staffs in the league (unless someone's got schill, pedro, oswalt, and mulder or soemthing) and while you do have the depth to trade prior, why should you? you won't get what he's really worth, you'll get someone trying to get him on the cheaps, so dont even bother.

furthermore, i dont see any glaring holes that need filling on your team, maybe other than catcher (but it isnt glaring)... so the only trade i'd maybe consider is a starter for a posada/piazza type catcher who could do 30/100 at the catcher slot. otherwise, crap, you have a good solid chance of having 30/100 production at every infield and outfield position. then you've got carl crawford and to a lesser extent d-lee and patterson for steals.

don't mess with that team man. sit on it and win the damn league. in all honesty this is prolly the best team i've seen on here in my spring posting romp =D
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers