Keeper help – pick 7 WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper help – pick 7 WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Keeper help – pick 7 WHIR!

Postby silverlionlb » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:27 pm

This is for my money keeper league where each must keep 7 players, and there are no strings attached to which players you keep. It is a 12 team 5x5 H2H league with no abnormal stat categories. I'm coming off of a championship last year, so I will get the last pick of the first round (12th). We start 1 of each IF position, 3 OF, 1 Util.

These are the 8 potential keepers, of which I need to keep seven: Votto, Cano, Braun, Cruz, Dunn, Cliff Lee, Josh Johnson, and Weaver.

What do you guys think? Keep 3 pitchers? Make a case for Johnson or Weaver while keeping all 5 bats and Lee? Any input is appreciated and I will return the favor. WHIR leave link, thanks!
silverlionlb
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keeper help – pick 7 WHIR!

Postby theholdout12 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:45 pm

Hmm... Id start out by keeping Votto, Cano, Braun, Cruz, Lee, and Johnson for sure. So for me it comes down to Weaver or Dunn. I feel like Dunn is the player with the higher "value" going into this year but Weaver is a little younger and Id rather keep my util spot open if all else is equal. I think I'd go with Weaver, but its close. Could you trade those two for one better player?
theholdout12
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Acholder » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:52 pm

I think Votto Cano Lee Johnson Weaver Braun are for sure you 6 keepers, I think you decide over the following 2

Cruz and Dunn

Cruz: a solid OF position but very likely he will miss 30+ games again this year with his age

Dunn: Strikes Out a ton so if K's hurt you, Cruz is the answer, however Dunn is 1b/0F elligable in most leagues and looking to maybe eclipse the 50 HR make this year and really hasnt had any injury concern.

The reason I feel you have to keep Weaver is because of how many K's he gets each year. He really is a SBD Pitcher he flys under the radar but somehow continues to strike out a ton of guys Weavers numbers for last year where 199K 15 Wins 3.4 ERA and 24 Quality Starts, I think its hard to find pitching like that.

Goodluck Cant go wrong with any 7
Acholder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:53 pm

I would cut Johnson. All the hitters are better and Johnson is still an injury risk
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby yoda87 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:03 pm

I would keep all but Dunn, unless you're worried about JJ's injury proneness, then dump on him.
I guess there was no curse... Boston just sucked for 86 years...
yoda87
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions