Tulo Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Tulo Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tulo Trade

Postby Acholder » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:23 am

Im in a 12 Team Points H2H league 8 player keeper league. I won last year and have a good team with a maybe my last keeper in question but was seeked that someone had interest in Tulo.

The team seeking him finished dead 12 of 12 last year and I won the league. He has 3 1st Round picks after the 8 keepers (The 1st overall 3rd overall and 7th overall). He picks first in every round and also has extra picks in the 3rd 4th and 5th rounds on top of his own.I pick last in every round because I won. What would you ask for a Tulo type player. Also trading Tulo allows me to keep Elvis Andrus I guy I like for the years to come but understand he isnt a Tulo type player but you think the downgrade is to much? This guy is also only offering picks no other players. What would u ask for and what do you think it the least I could do or do you not trade Tulo at all?

My opinion: I cant do anything less than 2 1st Round picks and honestly I think I need the 1st overall pick. Thoughts?
Acholder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tulo Trade

Postby sappisgod » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 am

Tulo is an elite keeper and should put up better numbers in RBI, HR, AVG, OBP, and comparable numbers in runs. So for you to downgrade like that, I'd suggest to get another keeper in the deal at least. Two 1sts, after 96 players kept, isn't all that great of a pool. And you're certainly not likely going to get a player comparable to Tulo, much less at a position as shallow as SS.

I'd say if you're dead set on dealing him and moving Andrus up, you should get the 1st pick, 3rd pick, and more. I guarantee you if I traded Tulo in my league (12 teams, 6 keepers), I could get a solid keeper (in the McCutchen, Bruce line) and a 1st and 2nd round pick without trying. And that's the floor. If that owner isn't willing to give a player in return for a top keeper, then go on to another. That could lead to a better deal or leverage the first owner into giving a more serious offer. As it stands, I would not even consider that deal.
sappisgod
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:06 am

I wouldn't trade Tulo just for picks, especially when you're in an eight keeper league. Even if you got the first overall pick, third, etc, the players that will be available aren't going to be of anywhere close to Tulo's caliber.

And I think the downgrade from Tulo to Andrus is significant.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Acholder » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:56 pm

Ok so now this trade gets more interesting.... I just got offered Evan Longoria and a piece( could be K Morales or a pick) for Tulo and Beltre any thoughts on if this looks like something that could work out and if so what do you think I need?

We keep 8 and start drafting in the 1st Round this person has the 2nd overall pick and the 11th overall pick.

Keepers 7 of 8:
Robinson Cano (2b- NYY)
Adrian Beltre (3b-Tex)
Troy Tulowitzki (SS-Col)
Carlos Gonzalez- (CF, LF, RF- Col)
Clay Buchholz (SP-Bos)
Matt Cain (SP-SF)
Ubaldo Jimenez (SP-Col)

Question Marks:
Elvis Andrus (SS-Tex)
Paul Konerko (1b-CHW)
Vladimir Guerrero (Util- Balt)