John Lester, King Felix, Cliff Lee, Tim Lincecum, Kershaw... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

John Lester, King Felix, Cliff Lee, Tim Lincecum, Kershaw...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

John Lester, King Felix, Cliff Lee, Tim Lincecum, Kershaw...

Postby TheGhost » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:23 pm

So my league has a heavy emphasis on pitching and I'm trying to decide which of these pitchers to draft if they are all available. The key stats that I'm looking for are wins, K's, quality starts and complete games. Roy Halladay will already be gone.

So given the stats I'm looking for, how would you rate these pitchers??

Tim Lincecum, Cliff Lee, King Felix, Clayton Kershaw and John Lester

Thanks!!! ;-D
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: John Lester, King Felix, Cliff Lee, Tim Lincecum, Kershaw...

Postby mpieco » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:28 pm

1a). Felix
1b). Cliff Lee
2). Lester
3). Lincecum
4). Kershaw

They're all K-heavy for the most part. QS's out the wazoo. The issue with Felix will be Wins, the issue with Lincecum/Kershaw will be ERA, and Lester and Lee are probably the "safest" picks. Lester has been very consistent over the last 3 years, and Lee is projected to dominate the NL (but don't forget that Lee was actually being ripped apart BEFORE the Phils playoff appearance he had).
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby DaShiz23 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:38 pm

mpieco wrote:1a). Felix
1b). Cliff Lee
2). Lester
3). Lincecum
4). Kershaw

They're all K-heavy for the most part. QS's out the wazoo. The issue with Felix will be Wins, the issue with Lincecum/Kershaw will be ERA, and Lester and Lee are probably the "safest" picks. Lester has been very consistent over the last 3 years, and Lee is projected to dominate the NL (but don't forget that Lee was actually being ripped apart BEFORE the Phils playoff appearance he had).

I like this list based on what you are searching for, BUT can you really pass on Timmay and go with Lee or Lester? Do not overthink this. Lincecum's value has to be too high to pass on
DaShiz23
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 67)

Postby sappisgod » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:17 pm

1b). Cliff Lee
2). Lester
3). Lincecum
4). Kershaw

I agree with you except for the ERA part about Kershaw. He's posted 2.79 and 2.91 the last two years, which is better than both Lester and Lee the last two and better than Lincecum last year. He's improved in innings, Ks, walk rate, and WHIP every year. At the very least, I'd have him on par with Linecum this year. I know most people are eager to jump on that bandwagon after the WS run he had, but I'm a tad skeptical. I don't think he'll be as bad as his ERA/WHIP showed last year, but I'm not "all chips in" on him replicating previous, Cy Young years either. While Kershaw, still 22 for the time being, is really going to come into his own this year.
sappisgod
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:19 pm

DaShiz23 wrote:
1b). Cliff Lee
2). Lester
3). Lincecum
4). Kershaw

I like this list based on what you are searching for, BUT can you really pass on Timmay and go with Lee or Lester? Do not overthink this. Lincecum's value has to be too high to pass on

Why? If you think Lester will be the better pitcher and I do then go with Lester.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 384)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions