Looking to Join a Dynasty League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Looking to Join a Dynasty League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Looking to Join a Dynasty League

Postby jets526 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:11 pm

Any open spots in a dynasty league? I am looking to join one for this upcoming year.
jets526
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Looking to Join a Dynasty League

Postby fastbigd » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:25 pm

jets -- check out my dynasty league. We'd love to have you. Let me know if you are interested. Information below.

Looking for some good managers. Have a great core of 8 great managers who have done 5 leagues together and are now in the process of shifting to a keeper format described below. I'd love to get 4 more committed managers. If you are interested let me know. No entry fee, just for the love of the game. Email Don at beesingdw@yahoo.com.

League yahoo 6x6 (standard cat + OPS and Holds). Auction draft is Monday March 13,2011.

Keeper rules are below. I've tried to create realistic contract situations and keep the fun of an auction draft each year, without it being so depleted that it takes 10 minutes and is only for rookies and washed up stiffs.

Part 1: The keeper contracts

Each team would have 4 contracts to start out with. This would consist of a 4 year contract, a 3 year contract, and (2) 2 year contracts. Every year you would get an additional 2 year contract. In addition, on the years when your 3 and 4 year contracts ran out, you would get a replacement contract.

All contracts must be assigned to a player within 48 hours of signing the player (in draft or off free agent/waiver pool). All contracts need not be assigned after the draft. You may keep as many contracts as you like to apply later in the year.

Once a player is on a contract he will be signed at a 10% premium from his auction value. (I.E. if a player is drafted for $30 his remaining years on his contract will be at $33/year.) This money will be subtracted from a team's available money in the next year's draft (but of course they will have that player). Once a player is under contract a team can unload his contract in one of 3 ways. The first is a trade/sale, in which the receiving team picks up the contract. The second is by cutting the player (which results in a 50% financial penalty of remaining contract years). The third is if the player retires/dies. There would be no penalty for this, although the contract could not be reassigned. The minimum renewal price for any player will be $20. No player can be renewed for less than this.

Once a player's contract is up, he automatically reenters the auction draft the following year.

Part 2: Selling of players
In addition to making trades, this would allow a team to outright sell a player to another team for money in the following year's draft. The only requirements would be that a team would need to maintain $1/roster spot in order to draft the next year. No money could change hands beyond the next year.
fastbigd
T-Ball Trainer

Postby fmluder » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Don't know specifically what you're looking for, but we have about 3-4 spots still open in our league.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=421811
fmluder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 6)

Postby champs1968 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:03 pm

If you are a Jets fan that means you may be near Northern NJ. I have a LIVE auction NL draft opening. If you can do a LIVE auction let me know through e-mail and we can discuss details.

albert.c.syracuse@altria.com
champs1968
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby StoneColdBrown » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:51 pm

I have two openings at [url]baseballreloaded.proboards.com[/url] if you'd like to take a look. If you want one of the teams, just sign up on the board and announce yourself.
StoneColdBrown
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Classifieds