Draft help WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Draft help WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Draft help WHIR

Postby galante22 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:22 pm

5x5 h2h league, i have 14th and final pick as the returning champ. i can keep 5 players and my future. so far my roster looks like this

c-carlos santana
1b-adrian gonzalez
2b-
ss-troy tulowitski
3b-arod
of-carlos gonzalez
of-
of-
uti-
sp-ubaldo jimenz
sp-
sp-
sp-
sp-
rp-
rp-
rp-

obviously im in need of pitching and to a lesser degree speed. problem is im not sure anyone great will fall to me. my original plan was to grab two pitchers in round 1-2(snake draft so back to back picks) then to grab two elite type closers to help all 5 pitching categories. and kinda go from there seeing where i could get value. im not a fan of wasting my first two picks and i wont take a pitcher just because so my question is out of this group of players (some may fall to me soem may not) rank say the top 5-10 or so and give me an idea of what to do!

projected player pool
paul konerko
curtis granderson
chad billingsley
nelson cruz
jonathen sanchez
alex rios
billy butler
gio gonzalez
brandon morrow
johan santana
trevor cahill
corey hart
ricky romero
nick markakis
hunter pence
shaun marcum
ian kinsler
b.j. upton
brandon philips
brian roberts
rickie weeks
john danks
colby lewis
phil hughes
ryan dempster

i know this is a huge list and im hoping to get billingsley and possibly sanchez or johan for the backend of the season. also considering grabbing a 2b then waiting on a few speed type players later in the draft. sorry thats a big player pool but theres no guarentee they all fall to me its just possible for those guys too thats why i need you to rank like 5 or 10...thanks WHIR!!!
galante22
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Draft help WHIR

Postby hopsjr2 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:06 pm

Seems highly unlikely that Kinsler or Phillips would fall, but I'd rank them at the top. I like Sanchez and Billingsley and would try to grab one if there but I wouldnt reach for a pitcher just because of need. I'd maybe consider Dempster or Lewis but there are much better players available, especially in the OF (Rios, Upton, Pence, etc.).

Please help
viewtopic.php?t=422927
hopsjr2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby galante22 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:15 pm

i think one of those 2b def fall to me. verlander, cc, migz, kershaw, crawford pretty much guarenteed to go first 5 picks, reyes kemp are also pretty much guarenteed to go before me. i didnt even bother adding them to the list because i know i wont get them. so thats 7 picks already leaving only 6 more guys to be takin and idk how many are going to go 2b that early if their name isnt utley or cano. kinsler might go but i dont think philips will
galante22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Phillip » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:43 pm

I don't think I would go with back to back pitchers. In particular I wouldn't go with Sanchez or Santana. If you said there are 6-7 to go before you in this draft I'll throw out 9 names and pick the best of what's left.

Kinsler
Phillips
Weeks (least of the 2B, but still all 3 2B should be considered by you before close to anyone on this list)

Cruz
Pence
Hart or Rios (again least of the OF, and even with deep OF I feel like all 4 of these are solid options over most everyone else on this list)

Billingsley
Morrow (both solid SPs, I wouldn't fault you for going with a SP to got with an OF or 2B, but I personally would go OF and 2B)

One other name I would consider - Granderson (deeper than other OF, but could be sneaky this year)

Thanks for your help on mine
Phillip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dooho » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Phillip wrote:I don't think I would go with back to back pitchers. In particular I wouldn't go with Sanchez or Santana. If you said there are 6-7 to go before you in this draft I'll throw out 9 names and pick the best of what's left.

Kinsler
Phillips
Weeks (least of the 2B, but still all 3 2B should be considered by you before close to anyone on this list)

Cruz
Pence
Hart or Rios (again least of the OF, and even with deep OF I feel like all 4 of these are solid options over most everyone else on this list)

Billingsley
Morrow (both solid SPs, I wouldn't fault you for going with a SP to got with an OF or 2B, but I personally would go OF and 2B)

One other name I would consider - Granderson (deeper than other OF, but could be sneaky this year)

Thanks for your help on mine

i hate to cop out because you gave me good input on mine, but i couldn't have said it any better than that ^
aside from ranking cruz ahead of weeks. he's a risk, but he could also carry your team for stretches. i wouldn't argue if you put him first. all depends on how big of a risk you want to take.
dooho
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby galante22 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:04 pm

the reason im considering santana is hell help me make a nice late push and i believe my team is good enough to be in the playoff race without him. maybe id be passing on too much talent too...help!
galante22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Whalewang » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:22 pm

The hitting is too good to pass up in favor of pitching.
I'd kinser/Philips/Cruz/Pence
Whalewang
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mayfijr » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:21 pm

I hate to sound just like everybody else, but there are a lot of good hitters there. I'd rank them something like this:

Kinsler
Cruz
Philips
Billingsley
Pence
Sanchez
mayfijr
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)