Justin Upton/Pedro Alvarez or Alex Rios/Ryan Zimmerman - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Justin Upton/Pedro Alvarez or Alex Rios/Ryan Zimmerman

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Justin Upton/Pedro Alvarez or Alex Rios/Ryan Zimmerman

Postby hopsjr2 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 am

Assuming that keeper prices are comparable, which side would you rather have for this year and for the next two in a keeper format? WHIR

Is it close?
hopsjr2
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Justin Upton/Pedro Alvarez or Alex Rios/Ryan Zimmerman

Postby galante22 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:22 pm

wow thats kinda tough...i think upton and alvarez may have more upside but i think rios and zimmerman might be the better pair. zimmerman is pretty damn solid and hes top 4 at 3b which can be a shallow position. rio hits in a great hitters park and pretty damn good lineup something upton and alvarez dont have(neither does zimmerman lol but i think zimmerman is better then upton or alvarez and in his prime where uptons and alvaerz's prime is still 3 years or more even away) so personally i think im taking zimmerman and rios for the next 3 years over the other two
galante22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Montana168 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:37 pm

for the immediate future (1-3 years as you pointed out) I am taking the rios/zimm side without question. Zimmerman could be in for a huge breakout year, which is saying a lot from me because he's already considered a top 20 player with a 30/100 season under his belt, but I think he can do better and will do better this season as long as he stays healthy. I am not big on Rios, but I think he is a solid 20/20 guy for the few years with solid counting stats and a good avg. J-up/pedro def. has the potential for more upside, but I do not think pedro is going to breakout this year, I still think he has a lot to work on. I could see him being 2-3 years away from being a solid fantasy asset. J-up is a toss up, he's already had a solid year and we know there is potential for more, but he hasn't shown it yet. There is 30 HR in his bat but I'm not sure he gets there yet, I think he lost a lot of protection this offseason with reynolds and laroche gone.

so again, my pick would be the rios/zimm side for sure.

thanks for the help with mine.
Montana168
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby TheGhost » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:24 pm

This year... I'd much rather have the Zimmerman side. I'd probably go with the Upton side if it was down the line a bit. Good luck!
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)

Postby prophet_x » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:15 pm

Zimmerman/Rios any day!

reply to mine --> viewtopic.php?t=422946
Last edited by prophet_x on Tue Mar 01, 2011 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prophet_x
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Mar 01, 2011 3:53 pm

Zimmerman/Rios for now. Upton and Alvarez is a great duo though if a team is in get young mode for 2012 or 2013.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Phillip » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:45 pm

I hate to do this, b/c these are the most boring of the posts but I agree with the previous posters. Zimmerman/Rios for the next 2-3 years is a no doubter. Alvarez has the ceiling of Zimmerman (I don't see him being better than Zimmerman's current ceiling). Rios and Upton have similar production of late and while I have no doubt that Upton will do more (potentially even this year) the combined production of Zimmerman and Rios should leave Upton/Alvarez in the dust for the next 2-3 years.

Thanks for your help on mine
Phillip
College Coach
College Coach

Postby dooho » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:41 pm

i don't think it's that tough. i don't see rios be a great player to own in 2 years. zimm will be great and 3b is shallow, but talent wise, ceiling wise upton is the best player in 2 years. and alvarez should have no problem keeping up with or outpacing rios in value.

thanks for helping with mine.
dooho
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions