Allowing MLB Roster Only Players in CBS League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Allowing MLB Roster Only Players in CBS League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Allowing MLB Roster Only Players in CBS League

Postby wackadoodle » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 pm

Up until now we have allowed any players onto our rosters in our draft league. We didn't have minor spots and only had four bench spots per team. We now want to add a couple of minor spots and change from waiver pick ups to having an FAAB in place. IS there a way to set it so only players on a MLB roster can be picked up via FAAB or as the commish do I have to police that myself if an owner jumps the gun acquiring a farm player via faab?
You're so ugly that if you were a dog I'd shave your butt and teach you to walk backwards!
wackadoodle
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Allowing MLB Roster Only Players in CBS League

Postby bigmck » Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:48 pm

I use CBS for my league. We also only allow MLB to be picked. CBS does not have a feature to allow this. What we do is have four "Official Transaction Web Sites". If a player shows as being promoted to the Majors on any one of these sites, then he is elibigle to be bid on. It works real good. All the guys know this and they follow the rule. If someone does pickup a player before he is promoted, he loses the money bid and his spot in the CBS Tiebreaker remains wher it is after the bid. Here are the rules we use for our FAAB. They have worked well for us. http://sportsgods.org/aFAAB.htm
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner