To Trade Lincecum or not To trade Lincecum? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

To Trade Lincecum or not To trade Lincecum?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

To Trade Lincecum or not To trade Lincecum?

Postby OnDeckBatta10 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:38 am

I'm new to the board and I'm looking for some helpful advice. I am part of an 18 team Dynasty League in which I took over a team a few years ago and decided to go in the direction of reworking the roster through our First Year Player Draft that we hold every year where we can draft any player drafted from the previous draft, international signings, and anyone from our 5 man drops. This year, we retracted two teams and the players from those two teams were thrown into the draft pool. I held the #1 pick where I was able to land Lincecum.

My team lacks pitching among other things, however I think I am in a position to deal Lincecum in order to get more pieces to create a better team. The problem is, I'm having a hard time gauging what Lincecum is worth via trade. Here are some proposals I have been offered:

Chris Young OF, Johnny Cueto SP, and Manny Machado SS for Tim Lincecum SP (I could always ask for Jay Bruce instead of Young)

Matt Kemp OF, Zach Britton SP, and Drew Pomeranz SP for Tim Lincecum SP

Looking at these offers, I think they are low ball offers. What should be the value I could expect for dealing Lincecum? My big hole is SP, SS, and 3B (I have Jose Bautista who could be inserted there but he is in my OF)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
OnDeckBatta10
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: To Trade Lincecum or not To trade Lincecum?

Postby MaudDib » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:41 am

If you can get Bruce instead of Young, the deal is much better. I would prefer a better starter than Cueto. The 2nd deal is ok, Kemp is a top 15 player right now plus two good minor league starters. I would say in most league Kemp for Linc straight up would be a fine deal so you getting two extra players is nice. If I could get somebody other than Cueto though, I would prefer that deal. I like both Bruce and Machado a lot and another quality young SP would help your team go in the right direction.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Re: To Trade Lincecum or not to trade Lincecum?

Postby OnDeckBatta10 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:39 am

It appears that my trade talks involving Lincecum have hit somewhat of a snag do to other trades in the league. The deal where I was getting Kemp has hit a snag since the owner moved one of his OF for Uggla which leaves him weak in the OF. He is still interested in Lincecum and has countered with: Casey McGehee, Ricky Romero, Zach Britton and Chris Dwyer for Lincecum.

The second owner is now reluctant to move Jay Bruce or Chris Young in any deal, and is now interested in acquiring Jose Bautista in addition to Lincecum. His counter: Francisco Liriano, Corey Hart, Neil Walker, and Manny Banuelos for Lincecum and Bautista. Or he offered Liriano, Walker, Machado, Banuelos, another piece for Lincecum and Bautista.

It tough to say which deal I like better. Like I explained before, my team is being built up from zero pretty much. My lineup as of today would be: C - Santana, 1B - Gabby Sanchez/Justin Smoak, 2B - Freddy Sanchez (Ackley waiting to take over), SS - Alex Gonzalez, 3B - Bautista, OF - Sizemore, Torres, Gutierrez.

Pitching wise, right now I have Lincecum, Garcia, Chapman, Carmona.. then a bunch of fillers I picked up on waivers to fill out the rotation. Prospect wise I have Teheran, Vizcaino, Freidrich, Pimentel, Tillman, Oliver.

Tough call, but what makes more sense going forward? Usually I don't give this much thought going into trades, but I have a chance to fill some holes with this trade.

Any help would be great.
OnDeckBatta10
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions