Position Scarcity?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Position Scarcity?

Postby wrveres » Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:31 am

MTUCache wrote:
Slayer Rules wrote:Answer to Q#1: IF
Q#2: OF

Disagree... to a point.

Depends on your league settings. 10-teamers are a cakewalk this season. 12-teamers with CI/MI/5xOF get pretty tight. Two-Catcher leagues are almost nauseating.

C - Top 4/5 (depending on where you like Santana) very high, then a HUGE wait to a nice deep pool of 10+ decent options.
1B/UT - Deep through the first 7 or so, then rather shallow. The second group of 10 is fairly even though.
2B - Steep dropoff after the first few, then ridiculously gradual from 5-15.
SS - Two ++ options, then a bunch of bad question marks after that. Tiers 2-4 could last 10 rounds. After that a wasteland.
3B - 5 good options, then 5 question marks, then no upside guys.
OF - A very nice, gradual slope from the top-tier guys all the way through the top-50 OF. Plenty of deep up-side guys to fill in 12x5xOF leagues. Still don't want to be caught without at least two top-25 OF guys though.

SP - SO. DEEP. One ace (top-15SP, down to around Weaver/Hamels), and then a bunch of high-upside young guys late in the draft is perfectly fine by me.

RP - Doesn't much matter. Get two safe closers, two risky ones, and keep your eyes/ears open through the season and you'll be fine.

In short, I'm not getting stuck without both my corner spots, one OF spot, and one C/MI spot filled after the first five rounds. In most mocks, I'm drafting only two pitchers through the first 12 rounds.

spot on
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers