Need Help Suggestion for Nomar Replacement - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Need Help Suggestion for Nomar Replacement

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pedantic

Postby Boston Bob44 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:24 pm

I start two pitchers that are pitching that day. They pitch and then I move them to the pitcher spot for thenext few games??
Boston Bob44

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:26 pm

W/ the Yahoo H2H format, you get a 'run' or point for each category you win. So if you have W, K, S, ERA and WHP, you can get up to 5 runs/ week. All of your pitchers stats are totalled or averaged, depending on whether it's a computed or accumulated stat. If you have a pitcher in YOUR lineup on the day he plays for real, you 'get' his stats incl in your weekly pitching total. If you want to skip a pitcher, you just bench him. You do have to get whatever the minimum IP for your staff or I believe you get no points or something horrible. Nobody I play with has ever done that though!!

Boston Bob44 wrote:Thanks for the tip. I am in a yahoo headto headleague. It allows you to start 2 SP, 2 RP, 3 Regular Pitchers. How does that work? Do youlineup your pitchers in terms of starts?

Postby Boston Bob44 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 2:30 pm

I undertstand the best stats in a category win.I do notunderstand why you have starting pitchers and regular pitchers. Do you haveto havetwo startng pitchers evry day?
Boston Bob44

Postby Xtreemes » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:00 pm

Crosby
Xtreemes

Postby AcidRock23 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:22 pm

Boston Bob44 wrote:I undertstand the best stats in a category win.I do notunderstand why you have starting pitchers and regular pitchers. Do you haveto havetwo startng pitchers evry day?

You don't HAVE to have any starting pitchers every day. If you have all #1 guys, you will have a big gap where you don't have any starters going at all after 'day one'. Usually different teams will be off a bit Or, if you set your guys in the BEFORE a given week and Carlos Zambrano gets a cold, Clement, Wood, Maddux and Prior will all go early, maybe a rookie comes up or maybe Dusty B fiddles w/ the order. I had Prior last year and he rarely seemed to go when I'd hoped he would and waited for the right day a number of times. I think there's an advantage to push your team to have the most "good" IP and trying to micromanage things to 'dodge' teams that tend to rack up a lot of runs.

I am kind of an ERA psycho though and the guys in my league seem to focus more on W and K. Regardless of where you're at, if you make sure you keep an eye on stuff during the 'long week' (incl the Japan games, I've read that Moose is going twice for the Yanks!!)

It can be tricky as MLB managers give guys extra days off all the freaking time. I don't want their arms blown out either but most good starters will be going maybe 3 times every two weeks if you are REALLY lucky. There was a bit in the Astros Rotation thread that they've got 6 guys AND Bonderman who can do spot starts. That's a long time when you're waiting for Oswalt, as most teams get a couple of days off a week anyway.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers