how do i change yahoo championship to 2 weeks? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

how do i change yahoo championship to 2 weeks?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

how do i change yahoo championship to 2 weeks?

Postby kidfan9 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:48 pm

My league wants to change to have the championship become 2 weeks, I don't see that it's possible under the commish tools setting, am i missing something?

Thanks,
Gary
Ted Williams--Last man to hit .400
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: how do i change yahoo championship to 2 weeks?

Postby bigmck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:58 pm

I have never used Yahoo, but I wanted that same thing on ESPN and they told me it is not possible. I am guessing Yahoo is the same.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:27 pm

kidfan9 wrote:My league wants to change to have the championship become 2 weeks, I don't see that it's possible under the commish tools setting, am i missing something?

Thanks,
Gary

Do you mean to have two rounds of playoffs, or to have the championship match in the playoffs last two weeks?

If you mean the former, there should be some playoff options listed that only last two weeks, while others last 3.

If you mean the latter, we don't currently allow you to redefine the boundaries of the game weeks.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby bigmck » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:58 pm

He means to have the first couple rounds one week and the Championship two weeks
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby corefour » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:33 pm

Having the same problem with ESPN. I want the first two rounds to be one week and the championship to be two, but they don't have the option. I'm not in any Yahoo leagues this year but it sounds like the same situation. I think the only way to do it is to set the "Number of Weeks per Round" to 2 weeks and only have the playoffs be one round. Then extend the regular season by two weeks and give everyone a bye. When you get to the first round (probably Week 21), you manually edit the matchups for that week with what the first round playoff matchups should be. Then you do the same thing for the second round based on how the first round went. Then you'll probably have to edit the championship round too, unless all of the higher seeds won. It's not clean or pretty but it should get the job done... And next year ESPN and Yahoo should get the job done by giving us the option.
corefour
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kidfan9 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:34 pm

I was able to change the championship week to 10 days, that's the limit for yahoo. It was easy: when you get into the area to modify just click on the bottom option for 6 teams making the playoffs...I think it's weeks 23, 24 & 25. Once you click onto it it will show that the last week lasts 10 days, pretty easy.
Ted Williams--Last man to hit .400
kidfan9
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 28)

Return to Commissioner's Corner