AL owner needed for 5X5 Keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

AL owner needed for 5X5 Keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

AL owner needed for 5X5 Keeper league

Postby DHerrin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:03 am

Hello,

We are need on an AL owner for a keeper league based in the Philadelphia area. All of the current owners reside within an hour of Philadelphia in different directions. It will be a live draft held on either March 26th or 27th, at the moment looking like the 26th with a 1:00 PM start time in Brookhaven Pa. Delaware County. The league has an average ownership age of about 50 years of age. I would consider the league an experienced league with better than average ownership in regards to competitiveness. With that being said we still have a good time with our draft party, post season party and in-season get togethers at some of the local drinking establishments. League Fees are $140.00 and I would require a $70.00 payment up front to insure that we have a new owner at the draft on draft day. We draft 23 players with a $260.00 budget followed by a 10 player reserve draft done in snake format at no cost. Additonally each owner has a $60 budget for FAAB bids to use throughout the season. I would love to discuss the league further with any interested potential owner.
DHerrin
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: AL owner needed for 5X5 Keeper league

Postby jeffmerk » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:43 pm

Is there an existing team to take over or are you looking to expand?
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 90)

Postby DHerrin » Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:57 pm

Hello Jeff, it will be taking over an existing team that does have some attractive players especially a $1.00 Jose Bautistia (TOR) This is a great league with many long time owners. It's sister league in the NL has been going for 20 years where as this AL league is going into year 4. I would love to further discuss with you.

A little bonus to consider is that when the season is over, there is a consolation tournament and a world seris tournament. at NO additonal cost and they pay out as well. This is how it works

The world series tournament matches our NL winner up against our AL winner. The Consolation tournament takes 2nd, 3rd and 4th from the two leagues and they play during the post season. It keeps people interested in playing throughout the post season and our post season party is held during a world series game tbd.

I can give you more details if your interested.

Kind Regards,

Dennis
DHerrin
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jeffmerk » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:49 pm

i'm interested but I wouldn't be available on 3/27 so the draft would have to happen on 3/26. Can I take a look at the available roster?
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby DHerrin » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:20 am

Hi Jeff,

Unfortunately I cannot change the draft date or that would result in me losing other owners who have other things going on. Our AL draft will be @ 1:00PM in Brookhaven Pa on the 26th.

If your schedule changes and you are interested I'll send you the roster. Also something to consider, in the past anytime we have expanded or brought on a new owner we have allowed that owner to select from the discarded players when final rosters are handed in on the 18th.

This always nets a new owner several keepers as not all players tossed are bad but sometimes there is position over crowding, strategy etc. I have no doubt that with the discards this team should be able to go into the draft with 10+ players.

We have a 15 player cap in our league to start the season. Please call me if you would like to further discuss for the sake of time. Dennis Herrin, 610-329-0509

Kind Regards,
DHerrin
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby jeffmerk » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:37 pm

As I stated above, 3/26 DOES work for me but I couldn't do 3/27. I'll call you when I get a chance.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Classifieds