ESPN division settings and weighting schedules - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

ESPN division settings and weighting schedules

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN division settings and weighting schedules

Postby LARS929 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:41 am

I am in the middle of setting up a new league where we have 12 teams and 2 divisions. We want to make it so the top 3 teams from each division make the playoffs. Is this possible? From what I have read the top 2 from each division and then the next 4 regardless of division make the playoffs. I don't want this though.

My second question is, can I set it so that teams play their own division more than the other division? I know I can edit schedules manually, but is there a setting to weight divisionally?
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: ESPN division settings and weighting schedules

Postby bigmck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:51 am

LARS929 wrote:I am in the middle of setting up a new league where we have 12 teams and 2 divisions. We want to make it so the top 3 teams from each division make the playoffs. Is this possible? From what I have read the top 2 from each division and then the next 4 regardless of division make the playoffs. I don't want this though.

My second question is, can I set it so that teams play their own division more than the other division? I know I can edit schedules manually, but is there a setting to weight divisionally?

I am running a league where the playoff qualifiers will be different than what ESPN will make them. In the LM Tools you can go in and manually change the matchups once the playoffs have started. You won't see an option there now, but it will be there once the regular season is over. == As far as your schedule, try this site. It makes great schedules. http://schedules.footballguys.com/ I always use it and put in my own schedules. Post back if I can help with the site. Thanks,
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby LARS929 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Great thanks for that, I will do the changing of the playoffs once it begins and make sure teams know thats how it will work. That site is good, but can it do baseball?
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:08 pm

Tell me the number of teams, number of division and how many weeks you want in your schedule and I will show you which one to use
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LARS929 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:21 pm

bigmck wrote:Tell me the number of teams, number of division and how many weeks you want in your schedule and I will show you which one to use

12 teams, 2 divisons, 21 weeks. I would like to have everyone play everyone their own division 3 times, and everyone the other division once.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigmck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:25 pm

I see you are still online. I will be back in about ten minutes with your schedule
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigmck » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:31 pm

Lars -- I have your schedule. I need to email it to you. Send me an email at bigmck@sbcglobal.net Thanks,
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby LARS929 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 6:41 pm

bigmck wrote:Lars -- I have your schedule. I need to email it to you. Send me an email at bigmck@sbcglobal.net Thanks,

Email sent, thanks a bunch!
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner