Setting up my yahoo league roster settings... HELP! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Setting up my yahoo league roster settings... HELP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Setting up my yahoo league roster settings... HELP!

Postby TheGhost » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:11 am

So I'm the commissioner of a 10 team, yahoo league, H2H, 5x5. I'm trying to decide what roster settings to install. At this point they are set at:

one C, one 1B, one 2B, one SS, one 3B, 3 OF, 2 Utl.
3 SP's, 2 RP's, 3 any P's, 5 bench spots. 1 injured reserve.

Thoughts? Thanks!!
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Setting up my yahoo league roster settings... HELP!

Postby Slapweasel » Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:08 am

I see nothing wrong with those settings. You have to understand that I HATE H2H LEAGUES!

That bastardization of factual statistics is an abortion from A-to-Z. H2H is a "football stance" in a baseball universe.

I understand H2H Leagues because I was not a Commissioner when I was paying twenty bucks to hate my own H2H league.

The key to H2H Leagues is pitching. Having the three "P" - spots is cooler than the other side of the pillow. You need a lot of leeway when it comes to H2H. You need to switch out SP''s in the "P"-spot whenever you see a good match-up.

One DL spot is fine in a 10-team league.
-The Self-Proclaimed Voice Of Truth And Reason-
-Your Friendly Neighborhood Slapweasel-
...I'm Your Huckleberry.
Slapweasel
College Coach
College Coach

Postby TheGhost » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:32 pm

Slapweasel wrote:I see nothing wrong with those settings. You have to understand that I HATE H2H LEAGUES!

That bastardization of factual statistics is an abortion from A-to-Z. H2H is a "football stance" in a baseball universe.

I understand H2H Leagues because I was not a Commissioner when I was paying twenty bucks to hate my own H2H league.

The key to H2H Leagues is pitching. Having the three "P" - spots is cooler than the other side of the pillow. You need a lot of leeway when it comes to H2H. You need to switch out SP''s in the "P"-spot whenever you see a good match-up.

One DL spot is fine in a 10-team league.

Thanks for your input and I definitely understand your hatred for H2H leagues. This is a first year league and league vote went towards a H2H league but I might be able to switch that in the future. What di you mean by this statement:

"The key to H2H Leagues is pitching. Having the three "P" - spots is cooler than the other side of the pillow. You need a lot of leeway when it comes to H2H. You need to switch out SP''s in the "P"-spot whenever you see a good match-up."

Could you please explain this a little more. Thanks!
TheGhost
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 101)

Postby Slapweasel » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:22 am

Being able to switch out starting pitching is going to set the tone for your league.

Look for "Home v. Road" stats. Your standings will depend upon it.

Lefty v. Righty is "secondary" and important.

Do these stupidly basic steps. I swear to God that you'll feel like you just got an "A" in algebra.
-The Self-Proclaimed Voice Of Truth And Reason-
-Your Friendly Neighborhood Slapweasel-
...I'm Your Huckleberry.
Slapweasel
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Commissioner's Corner