Werth for Latos, should I - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Werth for Latos, should I

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Werth for Latos, should I

Postby Newkie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:06 pm

Would you trade away Werth for Latos straight up? I am in a 12 manager H2H 6x6 keeper league and we can keep 10 players.
Below is my keeper list as of now:
I countered for his Rios and Latos for my Werth and Anderson, but he declined. Would you do the straight up trade, or add a draft pick to the 2 for 2 trade listed?
I know Werth is rated higher, but in my opinion Latos has higher upside and better trade value?

Thanks

McCann
Texiera
Phillips
Alexia Ramirez
Choo
Werth
Stubbs
C. Lee
Greinke
Brett Anderson
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Werth for Latos, should I

Postby BUCCOFAN » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm

Werth is a product of a "top lineup" in Philly. He will be a let down in D.C. Usually I favour the "BAT" over the "ARM" but if you can get a Latos in this deal, I am all for it. But I think you should still try and squeeze something else out of him, and make it a 2 for 2 deal,

Please help me:
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=422622
BUCCOFAN
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 278)

Postby HOOTIE » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:45 pm

I would probably keep Werth.
You have 3 nice SP already.
I know Werth will miss Phillys park, but Latos huge innings spike is a concern.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Newkie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:49 am

Well, I ended up not making that trade for Latos and now I wish I had. I kept on trying to get a two for two with Rios added to Latos and Anderson and a draft pick added on my end. Anyways, the deal is dead in the water.

Now, I just had a manager come to me who offered me his Wainwright for Werth straight up. Would you take the chance stashing Wainwright away for a yr. and just hope for a good draft this yr. and be ready to go next, or would you not take a chance on damaged goods. He is supposed to be back 12-15 months from now?
Wainwright is still young, and reports say that pitchers that have TJ surgery usually come back a little bit stronger? I also think that a bottom feeder might be able offer me more than they would have if I still had Werth. I keep getting posts and emails with my Werth offers that he is too old, he is playing in a pitchers ballpark, there are no players to protect him in the lineup in Washington etc.

Thanks, and any input would help...
Newkie
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 34)

Postby MaudDib » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:45 am

Age is the only concern I have about Werth. I wouldn't worry too much about ballpark or the team around him. He will still get his numbers but I am not sure for how long that will continue. Getting Wainwright would be very nice going into next year but it will really hurt your team this year. I would say, stand pat and see if the manager keeps Wainwright or throws him back into the draft. Then revisit this deal after the season starts and you see how strong your team is.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby mpieco » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:48 am

That Latos conundrum was certainly interesting, but I think you made a good move in sitting on it.

I would do the same with Wainwright. Lee/Greinke/Anderson is a nice keeper trio for now. Take a wait-and-see approach with your trading of Werth. Most people think he was just a product of a Philly lineup, but I don't buy that at all. He's going to be a solid contributor for the Nats just like he was for the Phils. I expect his numbers to stay consistent, especially in the power department.
(In reference to an Aaron Hill for David Price swap)

twinkypoop wrote:
mpieco wrote: You're my new hero if that gets accepted.

Trade accepted! Thanks for the help!
mpieco
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:16 am

I would much rather have Werth.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions