Waino flying back to St. Louis... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Waino flying back to St. Louis...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Waino flying back to St. Louis...

Postby kab21 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:23 am

I think Gomes comments should be taken with a grain of salt. That is probably 10% of what he said and they picked the part that sounds the worst. At some point I'm guessing he said that Waino is really #$%#^%^ good and I'm glad I won't have to face him this year.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 166)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:31 am

wrveres wrote:Image
sponsored by the San Diego Padres.

Fixed

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby wrveres » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:34 am

ouch!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 671)

Postby Ender » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:07 am

I tend to agree the Giants were a bit lucky, it took the Braves forgetting how to field to win the first series and the Phillies playing some of their worst ball of the year to win the next series and they had a bunch of really mediocre to bad players step up big to win games. However I can't see how a Padres fan can complain about this, that was an 81 win team who played way over their head all season to be in the playoff hunt to begin with. They fact they regressed towards the mean the last month isn't some huge surprise.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:17 am

Ender wrote:I tend to agree the Giants were a bit lucky, it took the Braves forgetting how to field to win the first series and the Phillies playing some of their worst ball of the year to win the next series and they had a bunch of really mediocre to bad players step up big to win games. However I can't see how a Padres fan can complain about this, that was an 81 win team who played way over their head all season to be in the playoff hunt to begin with. They fact they regressed towards the mean the last month isn't some huge surprise.

Meh. I think the Giants' pitching showed how dominant it really was, and their offense had timely hits.

Not nearly as 'lucky' as it looked. But shocking? Yes.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby m16a » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:44 am

StlSluggers wrote:
Ender wrote:I tend to agree the Giants were a bit lucky, it took the Braves forgetting how to field to win the first series and the Phillies playing some of their worst ball of the year to win the next series and they had a bunch of really mediocre to bad players step up big to win games. However I can't see how a Padres fan can complain about this, that was an 81 win team who played way over their head all season to be in the playoff hunt to begin with. They fact they regressed towards the mean the last month isn't some huge surprise.

Meh. I think the Giants' pitching showed how dominant it really was, and their offense had timely hits.

Not nearly as 'lucky' as it looked. But shocking? Yes.

The Giants pitching pitched like nothing else for sure, and yet the fact that the Phillies played some of their worst ball and still managed to keep things relatively close is a testament to the fact that they got pretty lucky. And yeah, it was shocking. :~(

As for the Gomes comment, I have to say, pretty classless... Like someone said, being excited about not having to face a tough player is one thing, but celebrating an injury that could threaten a career is disgusting. I can't and won't condone something like that. :-t
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Art Vandelay » Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:25 pm

I'll keep my luck and:

You can have your skill and:
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CBMGreatOne » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:02 pm

Yeah, Brooks Conrad deserves a world series ring from SF for his historic tank job, although I guess he was playing out of position.
CBMGreatOne
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 89)

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:43 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:

Yeah, Brooks Conrad deserves a world series ring from SF for his historic tank job, although I guess he was playing out of position.

Yeah, he should have been the bullpen catcher, not a starting infielder.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 110)

Postby Verminator » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:01 pm

wrveres wrote:Image
sponsored by Geritol.

I spewed on that caption!!
When it comes to exaggerating, I always give 110%.
Verminator
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers