Long story of my Yahoo experience from last night. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Long story of my Yahoo experience from last night.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Long story of my Yahoo experience from last night.

Postby corefour » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:14 am

Like many have said, just walk away from the league and never look back. You'll find another one. Just be glad you didn't drop any money on it.
corefour
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:41 am

I have been playing a long time on ESPN and have never had any bad luck with leagues until yesterday. It was a LM league. His settings looked good. It was a snake draft like I wanted. I joined about 2 PM and the league was short about four players and no draft date had been set. About 3:30 I signed on and found out the league was full, it had been changed from draft to auction even though they had been tradeing draft picks. The auction was quickly scheduled to start at 4 PM. Everyone was not present at the start and several people quit including myself. I just don't understand how a LM can spend the time to setup a league and then just ruin it. He can't get any satisfaction from winning. I don't know.........
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:23 pm

I'm sorry you had such a lousy experience. Of course we as a provider can't make every private league commish behave nicely, but it still isn't fun when that happens. I will mention this: for as much as there have been strong feelings about the new Manager Ratings feature we added this year, and we'll have to see what we do with it in future years, this is exactly the sort of thing it is aimed at. If 11 managers all give him a negative rating, then hopefully that makes it difficult for him to pull this stunt again. Of course he could just create a new account, but what is he gaining by "winning" in this way? Not much, other than a virtual trophy in his trophy case if he wins, and if he has to abandon the account, there isn't even any point in that.

As a fantasy player, I'd agree with others to just move on and don't waste your time with that league. Just make sure to rate the commish before you leave the league behind...
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner