I have a choice of two keeper league teams-please help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

I have a choice of two keeper league teams-please help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I have a choice of two keeper league teams-please help

Postby crimedoctor » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:46 pm

There are two 'previously-owned' teams available in a 12-team HTH 7 x 7 league. Typical scoring except for hitters, OBP is included, as well as fewest K's as a negative category. For pitchers, Holds are included and fewest losses rounds out the categories. We play C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3B, IF, 4 OF's, Utility, 3SP, 3RP, 3P, ...and 10 bench spots.

We draft 30 players. You can keep players a 2nd year, then a 3rd year, ...but then they go back into the pool. Any player you keep counts as a draft pick THREE ROUNDS EARLIER THAN THE PREVIOUS YEAR. Players drafted each year in rounds 1 thru 4 are automatic free agents the following year. Here are the two choices of teams I can inherit, ....please let me know if you would go with Dad's team, ....or his son's, ......and which four players you would keep.

Dad's Team drafts out of the #5 spot. Keeper options:
Justin Upton, surrender 11.5 draft spot, coming into his 3rd year-so, he is an automatic FA in 2012
Dustin Pedroia, 13.5 spot,...also coming into his 3rd year-so, he will be a FA in 2012
John Danks, 15.5 spot, can keep him again next year as the 13th round pick
Buster Posey, 16.8 spot, can keep him again next year as the 14th round pick
Brandon League, 21.5 spot, can keep him again next year as the 18th round pick (holds count)
Sean Rodriguez, 22.8 spot, can keep him again next year as the 19th round pick
FOR THIS TEAM, I'm thinking Upton, Pedroia, Posey, ........and then what, .....Rodriguez?

Son's Team drafts out of the #6 spot, Keeper options:

Adam Wainwright, surrender 6.7 draft spot. Can keep him one more year in 2012, but at a cost of a 3rd round pick.
Jason Heyward, 7.6 spot. Can keep him again next year as the 4th round pick. Based on his 4th round spot, FA in 2013.
Joey Votto, 9.6 spot. Will be a FA in 2012
Luke Gregerson, 18.7 spot, can keep him again next year as the 15th round pick (holds count)
Billy Butler, 20.7 spot, can keep him one more year as the 17th round pick. FA in 2013
Carlos Santana, 22.7 spot, can keep him for 2012 as a 19th round pick, and again in 2013 as an 16th round pick.
Ian Desmond, 24.7 spot, can keep him for 2012 as a 21st round pick, and again in 2013 as an 18th round pick.
THIS TEAM looks great, ....but the keepers aren't so easy. I'm thinking Votto, Santana, Butler (not so high on him, but geez, 20th and 17th round picks in 2011 and 2012, ....GOTTA DO IT), ........and then what. I know Heyward is god-like, ....but I could be spending a mid-7th round pick for a 21 year old, .....and then a 4th round pick when his is still only 22. At age 23, he is a FA. Similar story, .....Wainwright would be a decent keeper out of the 6th round. But not likely a bargain as a 3rd round pick in 2012. Meanwhile, Ian Desmond could be a 24th rounder at age 25, ....a nice 21st rounder at age 26, .....and perhaps an 18th rounder when he will likely be in his prime. Gregerson=not likely worthwhile.

Thanks for feedback.
crimedoctor
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Re: I have a choice of two keeper league teams-please help

Postby HOOTIE » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:54 pm

Heyward
Votto
Santana
Butler
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions