Dynasty Trade Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Dynasty Trade Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dynasty Trade Help

Postby bmmac27 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:15 pm

I'd give Yunel Escobar SS $1/3 and get a prospect in return Casey Crosby SP $1/3 (DET)

I already have a log jam of sorts at Jeter for 4 years and Castro for 3 years, so I don't "need" Escobar to play day-to-day but you think the value is there?

Thanks!

Thanks to soty for the sig, the sickest.
bmmac27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty Trade Help

Postby Elsy » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Not sure I would do this deal as Crosby looks to have pitched in only 3 games last year and didn't look particularly good in those 3 outings. Not sure why he missed so much time in 2010 I might look into that first before acquiring him. That being said if it was nothing overly serious he is a 6'5" lefty that is only 22 so there could be potential there in a few years, the other question are you willing to wait that long?
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)

Postby bmmac27 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:36 pm

well I'd have both for 3 years for the same money, so the question would are Escobar's chances of become playable over Jeter or Castro greater than potential for Crosby to get into the majors?

We have minor league club, so Crosby won't be occupying a bench spot on my roster. The trade would actually open a roster spot and I'd probably add Willingham or Damon to fill

Thanks to soty for the sig, the sickest.
bmmac27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Elsy » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:32 am

bmmac27 wrote:well I'd have both for 3 years for the same money, so the question would are Escobar's chances of become playable over Jeter or Castro greater than potential for Crosby to get into the majors?

We have minor league club, so Crosby won't be occupying a bench spot on my roster. The trade would actually open a roster spot and I'd probably add Willingham or Damon to fill

While I don't think you would start him over Jeter or Castro at any point in the season, I would rather have a depth player like than Willingham or Damon. Besides he would be good to use on the days when Jeter/Castro are off - also great depth for UTIL spot and in case of injuries.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions