Diplomacy- Winner England (Titanfan) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Diplomacy- Winner England (Titanfan)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Diplomacy- Winner England (Titanfan)

Postby TitanFan07 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 am

This was a fun game. At first I was on board with Germany against France. But when I learned that Germany was playing both sides I decided to make an alliance with France and put my 100% trust in it. That turned out well. France and I were eventually offered to join a four way alliance with Turkey and Russia. We graciously accepted the offer with the intention of breaking the alliance the first moment that it stopped working in our favor. So it was a pretty easy decision to stab Russia when I did since once I made the move there was really nothing Russia could do to retaliate. Originally we were worried about a strong Austria/Italy alliance but when that broke up, Cougs and I knew we pretty much had this game wrapped up.

I'd be down to play again (even though I will most likely get the bleach treatment and be the first one eliminated). :-b
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lastingsgriller » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:31 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:i had fun and would play another
i had an alliance with Italy but i was always paranoid of a stab especially since all our moves always gave him the upper hand over me...i guess i stabbed him to soon in the end (i figured Ken might turn on a crippled mookie but i guess i was wrong)

this.

my goal was to honor all agreements I made in the game and see where that got me. apperently all that gets you is a knife in the back from Brutus. I had non-aggreession pacts with germany and France and the opposite of that with russia and turkey. England and I chatted minimally.

I think if Austria and I stuck together we could have done some serious damage.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 168)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:46 pm

Hey guys. Sorry for the late bail but this trip to Mexico snuck up on me because I was sick as a dog at the end. So here I am outside of puerto Vallarta with the flu and extremely limited Internet access on my iPhone.

Thanks to belch for filling in for me. For the record I told cougs this was going to happen and I offered to help him take out titans many turns ago. Silly cougs wouldn't listen to me. Titan picked his partner well. Cougs you drive me crazy.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby Broncmet724 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:41 am

So is this based off a board game or something? looks kind of like Risk to me. If there is a spot open next time might be fun to give it a whirl
Broncmet724 Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wake » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:27 am

Broncmet724 wrote:So is this based off a board game or something? looks kind of like Risk to me. If there is a spot open next time might be fun to give it a whirl

I believe it was originally a board game. I'd be willing to mod another one if enough people want to play, but probably not for another couple weeks.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigken117 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:25 pm

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 250)

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:29 am

bigken117 wrote:3 year old bump for this

http://grantland.com/features/diplomacy ... pha-nerds/

Thanks. Nice (but long) read. My 12 year old started playing last year at school. Diplomacy, math and chess club this year :-o but balanced out with rep hockey and soccer. Looks like competitive diplomacy isn't for him, all of his games end in some kind of a shared win. Not very cut throat in middle school.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

Postby bleach168 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:55 pm

bigken117 wrote:3 year old bump for this

http://grantland.com/features/diplomacy ... pha-nerds/

Thanks. The level of play seems very low for a World Championship event.

My own introduction to Diplomacy happened in high school. The best player was Beth who later went on to be valedictorian. When she backstabbed her ally for the win, she gave him a candy bar right before the orders were read out loud. :-D

Too bad I never got a chance to play against her. I could have learned a thing or two.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 17)

Postby lastingsgriller » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:29 am

This was a lot of fun, though my back still hurts from the knifing I received. We should do it again sometime.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 168)

Previous

Return to General Talk