Diplomacy- Winner England (Titanfan) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Diplomacy- Winner England (Titanfan)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Diplomacy, Winter 1908

Postby bleach168 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:59 pm

IMO, there should be no such thing as 2nd place.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigken117 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:03 pm

The russia turkey alliance outlasted the austria italy alliance. Good enough.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby TitanFan07 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:05 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Can we just call it now if we all agree?
  1. Titan
  2. Cougs
  3. Mookie/bleach
  4. ken
  5. lastings
  6. Dan
  7. bleach

No way I can stop him from taking 2 territories in the next year or so, and that's pretty much that as far as I can see :,-(

I'm down for this. ;-D

(I'm also fine with playing this thing out. Whatever everyone wants I'm game.)
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby bleach168 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:12 pm

I think if we all worked together we could stop Titan from getting to 18. It's up to Cougs if he wants to try. I don't mind continuing.
"And so he spoke, and so he spoke, that lord of Castamere. But now the rains weep o'er his hall, with no one there to hear." - The Rains of Castamere
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wake » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:15 pm

That's fine with me. Congratulations Titan and thanks everyone for playing. There were a few missed moves there at the end but overall everyone made things very easy for me.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:18 pm

bleach168 wrote:I think if we all worked together we could stop Titan from getting to 18. It's up to Cougs if he wants to try. I don't mind continuing.

I think you might just stumble into 2nd if we do that, since he has 16 and I don't think we can stop him from taking 2.

To be honest I'm done with it. Titan panicked and dumped our alliance because he freaked out and stopped talking to me and acted on a crappy gut call, and while I don't blame him or harbor any ill will, I'm really done with it. I was pretty much 2nd all the way around no matter how you cut it, and my small calculated risk to cover my tail from a British stab and/or win the tiebreaker instead of getting 2nd didn't work, and since we only have 18/34 and bad position between the three of us, I'm fine with calling the time of death on Diplomacy 2011 :-?
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Diplomacy- Winner England (Titanfan)

Postby bleach168 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:21 pm

I think we can all agree that I'm first.*

*First to be ousted.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby wake » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:25 pm

Now that we're done, if anyone wants to give a game recap for their country, it's always interesting to see what was playing out behind the scenes.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bleach168 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:00 am

Since my lifespan wasn't that much more than a fruitfly, I'll keep it short. Before the first salvo, I fully believed in the existence of a Russia/Turkey alliance aka Juggernaught. That belief colored my whole outlook on the game.

To kill the juggernaught, I wanted the help of everybody. France was going to be a problem as he was too far away to help so I proposed a plan to England for us to take out France right away. I think the plan would have worked too as we could have taken the English Channel and Burgundy on the first turn. But England had other plans in mind and secretly allied with France to take me out.

I don't think Russia attacked me because I bounced him out of Sweden. I think he was fed some misinformation and acted on it. Once his armies were sitting in Prussia, next to an empty Berlin, I didn't even bother trying to convince him attacking me was a bad idea since if I was in his shoes, I'd take Berlin too.

Overall, I found the game to be competitive with capable and dangerous opponents. I had fun. ;-D

The Kaiser
-Sipping mojitos on the beaches of Chile.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:59 am

i had fun and would play another
i had an alliance with Italy but i was always paranoid of a stab especially since all our moves always gave him the upper hand over me...i guess i stabbed him to soon in the end (i figured Ken might turn on a crippled mookie but i guess i was wrong)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk