Diplomacy- Winner England (Titanfan) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Diplomacy- Winner England (Titanfan)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Diplomacy- Winner England (Titanfan)

Postby wake » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Rules (copied from bleach's Game 1 thread)-

Rules for the game: here

Additional map: here

Additional game rules
0. Diplomacy is a game of lying, broken promises, and backstabbing. It has been known to end friendships! Please don't take it personal when you get stabbed in the back!
1. You may only communicate through the Cafe PM system and this thread. Instant messaging, IRC, phone calls, etc, are prohibited. You may use this thread to make publics threats, announcements, comments, etc.
2. All orders must be sent to wake by PM by the posted deadline. If orders are not submitted by the deadline, your country will be in civil disorder and your units will all "Hold."
3. Orders sent in early can be changed as long as I have not processed the turn. If you send in multiple orders, only the latest set of orders will be valid.
4. Orders which are vague or invalid such as ARMY PARIS-OSCOW will be considered a "Hold." If I catch your mistake, I will let you know so you can fix them.
5. If everyone has submitted their correct orders early, I may choose to process them immediately to speed up the game. So don't send in tentative orders. Make sure you are prepared for them to be official.
6. You may either write out your orders using the full name or you may use the abbreviations found in rule book. Please use a simple dash to show a move/attack order. Capitalization is not required.

Examples of orders written correctly,

A PAR-BUR
Army Paris-Burgundy
army paris-burgundy
A Paris-Burgundy
A Picardy support A Paris-Burgundy
A PIC S A PAR-BUR

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or PM me.

We'll play until one country has 18 supply centers. No ties.

Players-

1) Titanfan- England
2) WaCoug- France
3) BigKen- Russia
4) Bleach- Germany
5) DanLambskin- Austria
6) Mookie- Turkey
7) lastings- Italy

Everyone will have two full days to turn in orders for the first two turns. After that, we will shorten the turns to one day each. The only exception will be on the weekend when we will skip Saturday.

The first set of orders will be due Wednesday at 10pm EST.

Game Map:

Last edited by wake on Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 23 times in total.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Diplomacy, SPring 1901

Postby TitanFan07 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:46 pm

Good luck everyone.

Who would want to attack a country that counts Keeley Hazell (pictured above) as one of their own? :-D
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Re: Diplomacy, Spring 1901

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:39 am

Go Canada! ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:34 am

kimchi_chigae wrote:Go Canada! ;-D

At least the French part }:-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:00 pm

how does fleet movement work...example: could you move from Finland to Portugal in one turn?
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TitanFan07 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Dan Lambskin wrote:how does fleet movement work...example: could you move from Finland to Portugal in one turn?

For a single turn, I think you can only move to adjacent sea areas or adjacent coastal spots.
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby wake » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:50 pm

TitanFan07 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:how does fleet movement work...example: could you move from Finland to Portugal in one turn?

For a single turn, I think you can only move to adjacent sea areas or adjacent coastal spots.

Correct. If you look at the map, you'll see the oceans are broken down into different sections. For example, the sea surrounding Finland is the Gulf of Bothnia region. If a fleet from Finland wanted to make its way to Portugal, it would first have to move there, then to the Baltic Sea on its next turn, and so on.

A fleet can also move along the coastline of two regions assuming they share the same coast. So a fleet in Rome could move to Naples or Tuscany, but not Venice. Even though Venice and Rome share a border, they don't share a coastline.

Also, a couple other points dealing with supply center:

- In order to take control of an enemy or neutral supply center, you have to have a unit occupying it at the end of a fall phase. So even if you take control of an enemy supply center at the end of one of the Springs, it won't count for anything if one of your units isn't still on it after Fall.

- You can only build new units at one of your home supply centers. So even if Turkey had control of Spain and was able to build a new unit, he could still only build the unit at Constantinople, Ankara, or Smyrna.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby wake » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:56 pm

Also, if you want, you guys can send me your orders a little early with a description of what you're trying to do and a request that I review them first. I can then look them over to make sure you've made the orders correctly.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Alright TitanFan, it's on!!
You're going down limey.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Feb 23, 2011 3:34 pm

I don't trust anybody.
You guys are all liars.

Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Next

Return to General Talk