Trade thought - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade thought

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade thought

Postby Surfs up » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:18 pm

My team is solid with Albert 2 , Miggy1 , Hanley 3, Utley 2 , Wainwright 2 and Felix 2 as my six keepers.We can keep players a total of four years. The number behind each player is the number of years left i can keep the player.
Avalible in this years draft are Braun , Tulo, Hamilton, Tex, Kemp , Arod and Lincecum .They are the top players avalible.Braun and Tulo go 1-2. Well they should.
My question is do I try to trade Cruz or Bautista (Can't keep either player ) along with my 3rd overall pick to the owner or Crawford who can be kept 3 more years. Or do I stick with the pick I have and hope Braun or Tulo falls to me. I could end up making the trade and it would be my luck Tulo or Braun falls to the # 3 spot.If not i would have my choice of Kemp, Hamilton, Tex , Arod or Lincecum. I don't know if the Crawford owner would do that deal if I asked. The trade deadline is Saturday Feb 26 th. Thoughts?
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 199)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade thought

Postby Remotethumb » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 pm

I guess you start an MI? Obviously. If so, Man, having Tulo and Hanley would rock! Maybe trade one of those guys(Cruz, Bautista) and the 3rd pick for the 2nd pick overall? Maybe?

If not, I wouldn't mind ARod, Hamilton or Lincecum. The trade for Crawford would be just as fine, you don't stand to lose anything, right? Like trading your 3rd pick for Crawford, whom you would take at 3 anyway, right?

Let me know if I'm missing something in your settings.
Remotethumb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Surfs up » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:57 pm

You nailed it.Funny thing is I have an offer of Both Cruz and Bautista along with my # 3 pick for the # 2 pick on the site. Posted it yesterday. No reply yet. I have a feeling that won't happen. Thats why i thought I would ask about plan B , C and D
Not sure who I would take if no deals go down. Yes we play two MI and two CI along with the normal infielders. We hit 15 and pitch 10.
Think I need another pitcher so soon? I was thinking with two studs I could hold off on pitching for a few rounds.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Remotethumb » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:28 pm

Ah, I see what you mean about the pitching. You'll have to excuse me, in the past couple of years, since everyone's been preaching "wait on pitching, wait on pitching" I have zigged when they all zagged and have enjoyed climbing up the charts in my leagues by taking starting pitching. Of course, it's the way my drafts have been going. When faced with a 2 tier pitcher or a 4 tier OF, I usually go with the pitcher. In your case, having Felix, Wainwright and Lincecum is almost as attractive to me as your other scenarios.

But that's just me! ha ha Yeah, you can find pitching in the later rounds. But it depends. One league I'm in has unlimited add/drops so I de-value pitching a little. Another league not only has limited add/drops it costs real $$ for each add/drop so I wouldn't mind loading up on 3 pitching studs early in that setting.
Remotethumb
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 10)

Postby Surfs up » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Well if I don't make a trade by Saturday plans A, B and C are down the drain. I have half thought about taking Lincecum with my first pick. I took Halladay last season with the second pick. I traded him for Mauer who I traded for Felix .
I'll have a better idea after Saturday what pitchers are avalible when we cut to six keepers.
Its hard to pass on hitters like Hamilton , Arod and Kemp to take another pitcher.I guess that would balance out my team and I could go strong after hitting for a few rounds.I do have two picks in both the 4th and 5th rounds.And 3 picks in the 8th rounds.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Surfs up » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:45 pm

I just sent a note to the Crawford owner offering him my 3rd pick overall and his choice of Cruz or Bautista plus my 8th round pick for Crawford , his 3rd and 7th round picks .
He has the 9th overall pick in the first round. I tried selling him by saying Braun or Tulo could fall to him at 3 but he would for sure get his choice of Hamilton, Kemp, Arod , Lincecum or Tex. Not a bad two for one deal.
Plus I have the other offer of my 3 and my two players for the 2 nd pick on the site.I would prefer this one. I would have either Tulo or Braun for four years . Crawford can be kept three years.
Honestly I don't see either happening. Five days left.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Surfs up » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:55 pm

I just realized I can't do the Crawford trade. I don't have any room for him. I already have six keepers. But i still asked if he was interested in Cruz or Bautista for an upgrade in picks. His team can use the help . Its better than just dropping them.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions