Question about pitcher streaming. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question about pitcher streaming.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Question about pitcher streaming.

Postby mikekim2121 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:11 am

If you're on yahoo, use max adds. 4 is a fair amount. Some people may stream a little but it will cut it down a LOT.

If they want to stream in a roto league, let them at their own peril. As long as its not a ridiculously shallow league, they will hurt their era/whip, and even their w/k if there is an innings cap.

Changing K to K/9 might seem like a good idea but that will lead to people going all out on RP's and punting W's
mikekim2121
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Question about pitcher streaming.

Postby safeco1999 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:33 am

Personally, I think every active h2h league will have streaming. It's a strategy. I've ran Yahoo leagues for almost a decade now, and basically what I do is set a 110IP soft-cap. If a team uses a spot-start for any reason (picking up a pitcher who starts within the next 2 days and dropped within a couple days of the start), then the 110IP becomes a hard-cap. Team's cannot go over that limit or they'd be penalized.

Team's are allowed a max of 3 spot starts per week. I also have an 8 day rule, which in short, prevents teams from picking up a guy and dropping him after his 2nd start in the week (it counts as 2 spot starts).

Basically this allows teams to moderately stream if they need to, and allows other teams to accumulate as many innings as they want if they have a huge pitching roster without penalty. It's something that has worked very well for many years.
safeco1999
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner