Best Trade Value: Short & Sweet... Also, Leave Your Links - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Best Trade Value: Short & Sweet... Also, Leave Your Links

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Best Trade Value: Short & Sweet... Also, Leave Your Links

Postby Seanyfever » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:52 am

I am looking to make a couple of moves. Actually, I have to as we have time limits on how long you can keep a player. If not traded, they go back into draft. Hence, I must deal these studs.

I have to move Braun and McCab.... Which you would do? Which would you proirtize?

What might be your ;-D or :-t ?

Trying to move my McCab for Pujols, but he does not need to move Pujols, so tough. I'd kick in some.
My Braun for Adrian Gonzalez? Trying to get his Doc Halladay included with my Verlander? Either way?
My Hamilton and Andrus for Tulo?
My Braun for Tulo?
My Braun for Carlos Gonzalez?
My McCab for Howard and Wainwright?

Leave a link. Thanks.
Last edited by Seanyfever on Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Best Trade Value: Short & Sweet... Also, Leave Your Links

Postby galante22 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:05 pm

wow alot of big trades there. what kinda scoring and whats the rest of your roster look like, do u need speed, power, pitching, assuming you have to move these guys id probably consider migz for howard and wainwright and bruan for cargo or tulo depending if you need a ss but id def lean tulo. essentially youd be trading braun and mccab for howard tulo and wainwright. i love having a stud at ss plus you get an ace and a huge power bat.

viewtopic.php?t=422386
galante22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby pkirk » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:16 pm

Seanyfever wrote:I am looking to make a couple of moves. Actually, I have to as we have time limits on how long you can keep a player. If not traded, they go back into draft. Hence, I must deal these studs.

I have to move Braun and McCab.... I don't want whihcd is best, but which you would do?

What might be your ;-D or :-t ?

Trying to move my McCab for Pujols, but he does not need to move Pujols, so tough. I'd kick in some.
My Braun for Adrian Gonzalez ;-D ? Trying to get his Doc Halladay included with my Verlander? Either way? Doubt he would throw in doc
My Hamilton and Andrus for Tulo? ;-D
My Braun for Tulo? ;-D
My Braun for Carlos Gonzalez? ;-D
My McCab for Howard and Wainwright? ;-D

Leave a link. Thanks.
pkirk
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Kimbos Beard » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:43 pm

I am with Pkirk, since you have to move these guys, i dont see how any of those trades aren't really good values.
Kimbos Beard
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 27)

Postby Darth Danielus » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:07 pm

Kimbos Beard wrote:I am with Pkirk, since you have to move these guys, i dont see how any of those trades aren't really good values.

Agreed......since both mcab and braun are essentially gone, any of those deals would be great for you, so it really just comes down to the return. I like getting tulo the best, depending on how much more it would take to get pujols. Are all of these deals possible? Can you do both (braun for someting like tulo, mcab for something like agonz or pujols or whatever)?

Thanks for the help with mine.
Darth Danielus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby award1 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:26 pm

the tulo trade by far makes the most sense. So long as you dont have a top three ss. If not the case then this trade is a must do. the howard/ wainwright trade also tops ,y list. Howards down year is sure to rebound and wainy is in a class very few call home. Be mindful of the braun for cargo deal as well. Fowler has upside that could effect cargo in a positive light, and personally if stewart can live up to a tenth of his potential then that lineup is gonna see huge strides.

braun for tulo if you lack at ss
braun for cargo
mccab for howard and wain
award1
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Seanyfever » Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:34 pm

I guess most are aware that Wainwright's pending TJ surgery has changed this.... I am very thankful that this news came out as it did and not 5-7 days later as this deal woudl likely have occurred. So I am still looking to deal Braun and McCab..... Tulo remains on the table, but I shoudl mention that I do have Hanley.... These three players represent my trifekta.... I got two through trades and snagged Braun as he was cokming into the league as high end prospect.... However with league rules, I must trade two of them... I have Hanley for another year.

I am still looking at Tulo for value sakes..... It might also open up a trade with Hanley later in teh year of next summer....

If you had Braun and McCab and you want your value.... Suggestions for other targets?

I recently opened up talks with a manager of A Gon and Halladay for my Braun and Verlander....
I debated a 2B target but I asm happy with Pedrioa.

We get 11 keepers in 6x6 league with H/AVG/OBP/HR/RBI/SB and IP/K/ERA/WHIP/W/SV.... I have been near the top for the last three years.... I won two years ago. In a league where we all playhed Little League together.... Cash involved.... This is about 8th year. You can imagine there are lots of bragging rights and fun.
Expos... Gone, but not forgotten.
Seanyfever
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Response Team
(Past Year: 289)

Postby johnsa4 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:25 pm

i like the idea of getting doc and a gon if you can get that done. either that or flip braun for cargo seeing as how you've already for hanley
johnsa4
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wkpdpack » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:34 pm

Being that you cannot keep these guys, I think they are all decent deals for you.

I like any of the Braun deals. Tulo, Gonzalez or Cargo are probably all just as good as Braun. Gonzalez might be the easiest one of those to try to swing a deal for since he's probably rated the lowest. However, I like him in the Boston lineup.

I doubt the Hamilton deal can be done unless he needs to move Tulo. Tulo is better than Hamilton and Andrus doesn't offer much more than SB.

With Wainwright out to injury, I wouldn't do the MCab deal for those guys. MCab for Pujols won't happen either.

Please help with my post viewtopic.php?t=422762
wkpdpack
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions