Choo for Ichiro and Wilson? OPS League - WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Choo for Ichiro and Wilson? OPS League - WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Choo for Ichiro and Wilson? OPS League - WHIR

Postby plapre3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:10 am

First off, we may keep between 5 and 10 players headed into next season, losing a pick in the remaining player draft for each keeper after 5. As such, that means in order to keep 10 players, a guy should be roughly considered a top 140 pick. If a guy would be my 9th keeper, he should be seen as a top 126 player. Younger players and starting pitchers tend to be at a premium so consider that when thinking of a top 140 pick.

I feel like my top 8 guys are set, but I also have some other guys on roster to consider, or I can just throw them back for draft picks. I'd rather keep 10 certain guys, though, since I have no idea what will make it into the draft. This deal, Ichiro and Brian Wilson for my Choo, would get me 9 certain keepers, 10 counting Victorino. Of course, the opportunity cost is that instead of keeping Wilson and making such a deal I could just keep Andrew Bailey, Nolasco, or even Colby Lewis. The biggest problem is that this is an OPS league and Ichiro's .753 is a huge drop from Choo's .883.

8 Definite keepers: Prince, Kinsler, Hanley, Youkilis, Choo, Halladay, Lester, and Weaver (and free keeper Brandon Belt)
Others to consider: Shane Victorino, Colby Lewis, Ricky Nolasco, Andrew Bailey, Travis Snider, Geovanny Soto, Jordan Zimmermann,
Picks in place of keepers: 9th (126) and 10th (140)

Thanks, all, in advance for your help. Please leave a link and I will respond.
----------------------------------------------------
6x6 weekly HtH 14 team roto keeper (bet. 5 and 10 keepers losing a draft pick for each after 5)

Offensive Categories:
BA, OPS, RBI, HR, SB and Runs Scored.
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, UTIL
Pitching Categories:
W-L, S, ERA, K/IP, Quality Starts and WHIP
5 SP and 3 RP
----------------------------------------------------
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Choo for Ichiro and Wilson? OPS League - WHIR

Postby galante22 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:16 pm

i wouldnt do the trade...id keep those 8 plus victorino, and either lewis or bailey...the way i look at it is if you keep victorino and choo you add two possible 25/25 guys one of which hits .300... between these 2 hanley and kinsler you should win sbs almost weekly while supplying plenty of power. i love 20/20 type players. then for pitching its rougher because you said pitching is at a premium. i might lean bailey here but if you think theyll be plenty of closers in the draft and not so many sps then lean lewis. i mean you have a pretty nasty rotation already and if you add lewis i dont see many people putting together a better sp staff

viewtopic.php?t=422386
galante22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby raiders_umpire » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:24 pm

I would much rather have Choo. Keep your original 8 plus Victorino and be happy with a pretty good squad.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby birdbrains » Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:57 am

I wouldnt do the trade...
I would keep choo and keep Victorino and also I would keep Baily
He is a good closer thats hard to get in a deep league like yours...victorino and baily would get snatched up in the first round
birdbrains
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 103)

Postby dday0606 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:24 am

I think Victorino is about as good as Ichiro. I wouldn't do the trade and instead keep Victorino. Your league scoring cat's tend to downplay saves so I disagree with keeping Bailey. I would end up keeping Soto, he had really good numbers last year when he was allowed to play. With Pinella gone, he should get more playing time and think is poised for a monster year.

viewtopic.php?t=422492
dday0606
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions