Trade draft picks??? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade draft picks??? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade draft picks??? WHIR

Postby amarlls » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Ok I am in a 5x5 roto 10 team league and I am 9th pick. I asked a guy if he would trade me his 1st pick(pujols) for my 2nd and 4th pick and then he came back and said my 2nd and 3rd. I dont think I can do this? I would also be looking for another pick like 10th round or something. Should I give up my 2nd and 3rd to get pujols or stay put?
amarlls
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade draft picks??? WHIR

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:05 pm

I would hang onto the 9th and 12th overall picks. You could very well likely land Wright and a top first baseman like Fielder or Howard on the turn.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gags Sports » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:22 pm

amarlls wrote:Ok I am in a 5x5 roto 10 team league and I am 9th pick. I asked a guy if he would trade me his 1st pick(pujols) for my 2nd and 4th pick and then he came back and said my 2nd and 3rd. I dont think I can do this? I would also be looking for another pick like 10th round or something. Should I give up my 2nd and 3rd to get pujols or stay put?

I don't see much difference between your 3rd and 4th round pick. Being in the 9th spot means you'd only have to wait two more players for your pick. That said, I still wouldn't do this deal based on the fact you could still get a stud 1B with either the 9th or 12th pick if you did not do this trade. Pujols is great, don't get me wrong, but I don't think it's worth it to give up what he is asking for.

Please help me out, thanks. viewtopic.php?t=422346
Gags Sports
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby MaudDib » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:42 am

I think I might do this. I don't see a big difference between a 3rd and 4th pick and if you were willing to do that deal this is almost the samething. Plus getting Pujols is better than any 1B that will be around with the 2nd pick. Not having a pick for another two rounds is not ideal but I think getting Pujols will make up for it.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Postby plapre3 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:22 am

I think I'd pass as well. It just seems like too much to give up. More importantly, without a 2nrd or 3rd round pick, you'll likely miss out of one of the few solid bets at 3B or SS. This year, I think it's imperative to nab a guy like Zimmerman, Youkilis, Reyes, or even Utley and Pedroia if you don't like the depth at 2b (I do), since there's such a great drop off after them. When it comes down to it, I'd rather have Prince and Zimmerman/ Youk than Pujols and Mark Reynolds/ Beltre.

Please help:
viewtopic.php?t=422383
plapre3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby galante22 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:08 pm

i dont think id do it, with your 2nd and 3rd round picks you can still get some serious studs, maybe if you can get his 1st and 4th or something but i think id just sit tight

viewtopic.php?t=422386
galante22
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions