Last week before roster freeze - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Last week before roster freeze

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Last week before roster freeze

Postby Surfs up » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:28 am

Would you trade one year of Miggy for two years of Morneau?I would have to include either Buutista or Cruz. I can't keep either of those players anyway.
Here are my keepers and the years left on their contracts. Morneau has two years left.
Another thought was. The owner of Morneau has asked me for Bautista and Cruz for Morneau. I could do that trade and try to trade Morneau for another player or upgrade in picks but it would have to be this week. We freeze our protected rosters Feb 26.I might end up just dropping Morneau if i can make a trade but it would strengthen the other owners team.Thoughts?
Pujlos 2
Utley 2
Miggy 1
Hanley 3
Wainwright 2
Felix Hernendez 2
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 266)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Last week before roster freeze

Postby MaudDib » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:37 am

I don't think I would do this trade. Maybe the two players for Morneau and then try to move him. But I would rather have Cabrera even if it is only for one year.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:11 am

Definitely keep Mcab.
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Surfs up » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:32 am

There are only a couple of teams I might be able to move Morneau to if I made that trade.And that might be tough given only six days left to make a deal. I would end up dropping Morneau and chances are he would go in the first round . After Braun, Tulo, Hamilton, Kemp , Tex and Lincecum are gone he is the next best player. Players like BJ Upton and Victorino will be there but I would take Morneau before either of them. Same would be said for bautista and Cruz. Both of them would probably go in the first round or early second in this draft.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Elsy » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:08 pm

Surfs up wrote:There are only a couple of teams I might be able to move Morneau to if I made that trade.And that might be tough given only six days left to make a deal. I would end up dropping Morneau and chances are he would go in the first round . After Braun, Tulo, Hamilton, Kemp , Tex and Lincecum are gone he is the next best player. Players like BJ Upton and Victorino will be there but I would take Morneau before either of them. Same would be said for bautista and Cruz. Both of them would probably go in the first round or early second in this draft.

Well guess it depends on where you draft then in 1st round and whether you want to pick either back up. Maybe talk to a couple of teams you feel would be interested in Morneau because obviously a deal can't be worked out between the other 2 teams. I know it may seem a little weird but why not see if you can come up with a 3 way trade.

Also, 1 year of Cabrera is definately worth more than 2 of Morneau, I don't see how you have to add anything to that deal - you should actually be getting more in return.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 102)

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:28 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:Definitely keep Mcab.

;-D
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Surfs up » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:47 pm

I have the third overall pick in the first round. Tulo , Braun, Tex, Kemp , Hamilton and Arod are the top picks. I expect Braun and Tulo to go 1-2.I am honestly stumped right now on who to take with the third pick.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:51 pm

i would take Kemp, maybe Tex next.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby Surfs up » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:12 pm

Reasoning for taking Kemp over Hamilton ? Hamilton is an injury risk but is moving to left field which should help him stay healthy. I can see him putting up similar numbers to last season.Hits in a great hitters park in a very good line up.
Kemp is now away from Rhianna and the hollywood scene so he can focus on baseball and has a new manager.But is that enough?
Tex is another good choice.Given i will lose Miggy after this year. And Albert in two years.Hes still young and since there are more right handed pitchers he will hit lefty with more chances of homeruns at Yankee stadium in right field.
I made an offer of Bautista and Cruz along with my third overall pick to the owner of the second overall pick. He moves back one spot and get two good players . I get a shot at either Brauan or Tulo depending on which one is taken first. I can't keep either of my two players.
I also am looking ahead to a rejection of that offer by asking own owner if he is interested in Morneau for his 4th rd pick plus my 12 th round pick. I know I can trade my two for Morneau.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

Postby HOOTIE » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:28 pm

Maybe i would go Tex. I like Hamilton, but Kemp is just hitting his prime.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions