Who will play during Walker's stays on the DL? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who will play during Walker's stays on the DL?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Who will play during Walker's stays on the DL?

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Mar 27, 2004 10:25 am

Does anyone know? Will it be Reyes or somebody else?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fluidoz » Sat Mar 27, 2004 11:00 am

I'm going to say Rene as well. Although he's no second coming.
Fluidoz
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Sat Mar 27, 2004 1:55 pm

I have reyes tucked away on the bench in one league .. I mean serioussly, wht are the chances that ..

Walker
Burnitz
and Wilson will stay healthy all season ...

And Reyes has a good stick
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 692)

Postby paperjpn » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:52 pm

To start the season I've read it will be Kit Pellow. He wouldn't be a bad guy to pick up for $1 in NL-only leagues as a 2nd catcher.

From CBS on 3/26:

It appears that Larry Walker will begin the season on the injured list, opening up some playing time for some virtual unknowns in the Colorado outfield. Jeromy Burnitz will likely open the season in right field while the oft-injured Walker begins the year on the disabled list.
Preston Wilson is making good progress in his return from finger and knee problems, and should open the year in center field as expected. But who will open the year in left field? All indicators are pointing towards little-known Kit Pellow.

Pellow, who has spent many years in the minors, has impressed the Colorado braintrust with hustle and good glove work this spring. He has driven in timely runs, and his propensity to drive the ball in the gaps could make him quite productive at Coors Field.
paperjpn
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Dude86 » Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:55 pm

paperjpn wrote:To start the season I've read it will be Kit Pellow. He wouldn't be a bad guy to pick up for $1 in NL-only leagues as a 2nd catcher.

From CBS on 3/26:

It appears that Larry Walker will begin the season on the injured list, opening up some playing time for some virtual unknowns in the Colorado outfield. Jeromy Burnitz will likely open the season in right field while the oft-injured Walker begins the year on the disabled list.
Preston Wilson is making good progress in his return from finger and knee problems, and should open the year in center field as expected. But who will open the year in left field? All indicators are pointing towards little-known Kit Pellow.

Pellow, who has spent many years in the minors, has impressed the Colorado braintrust with hustle and good glove work this spring. He has driven in timely runs, and his propensity to drive the ball in the gaps could make him quite productive at Coors Field.

Kit Pellow, what an awesome baseball name. Its right up there with the king of all baseball names, Mr.Rocco Baldelli ;-D
Dude86
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Sat Mar 27, 2004 4:15 pm

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks, paperjpn. And with timely answers like that, I hope you stick around the cafe.-- Although there is no "Kit Pellow" in Yahoo yet.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby paperjpn » Sat Mar 27, 2004 5:11 pm

Glad to help. Best of luck.
paperjpn
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers