2011 Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

2011 Discussion

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: 2011 Discussion

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:56 pm

I went to last year's league page and tried to find the emails of those we still haven't heard from. Only 3 of the 6 were not hidden - Jags, Aqua, and Free. I sent them emails, so hopefully we can hear from them soon.

It's probably a fair assumption that Dave is not coming back as he went MIA after only a few weeks into the season. Oopah and Matt are the other two, and Oopah hasn't logged in about 9 months. I'd say at the very least, we'll need two replacements, so if anyone has anyone in mind that may want to take over a team, let us know.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby j24jags » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Hey guys,

I'm definitely interested in continuing as a GM, but as I stated earlier I won't be able to continue handling commissoner duties. I'm looking forward to another competitive season though. ;-D

Matt
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby free » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:51 pm

i replied to the email and i'm in. however, if we do need to find replacements, i would love to see some more active owners. i was a bit disappointed in the level of activity this year imho.
Member #3 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club
free
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fade2White12 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:28 am

That's great to hear guys. I'd like to try to find a way to make things more active also, but I'm not sure what we can do to facilitate that. I proposed moving to H2H the last few seasons (because IMO they encourage more participation), but most people were vehemently against it.

Well, at this point, we're still down 4 owners, not hearing from Matt, Aqua, Oopah or Dave. Matt and Aqua have logged in here since I've posted/sent PMs, so I'm not sure why they haven't replied. Hopefully we hear from them soon.

Also, although I've been trying to be the one to get things going, as we get closer to the season, the amount of free time I'll have will continue to diminish. I'd be all for being a co-commish, but I'd prefer if 1-2 other people would share those responsibilities.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby j24jags » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:28 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:Well, at this point, we're still down 4 owners, not hearing from Matt, Aqua, Oopah or Dave. Matt and Aqua have logged in here since I've posted/sent PMs, so I'm not sure why they haven't replied. Hopefully we hear from them soon.

I'm here ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Third Day » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:35 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:That's great to hear guys. I'd like to try to find a way to make things more active also, but I'm not sure what we can do to facilitate that. I proposed moving to H2H the last few seasons (because IMO they encourage more participation), but most people were vehemently against it.

Well, at this point, we're still down 4 owners, not hearing from Matt, Aqua, Oopah or Dave. Matt and Aqua have logged in here since I've posted/sent PMs, so I'm not sure why they haven't replied. Hopefully we hear from them soon.

Also, although I've been trying to be the one to get things going, as we get closer to the season, the amount of free time I'll have will continue to diminish. I'd be all for being a co-commish, but I'd prefer if 1-2 other people would share those responsibilities.

Willing to help anyway I can.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 277)

Postby thejusman1 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:42 pm

I'll help any way I can too. I can't imagine there's too much work to do, since we can just copy the format of last year, and once we have the results we can just upload them onto Yahoo. We should definitely set a schedule though and start recruiting replacement owners. Like Fade has mentioned, we'll need at least two.
http://slippingoffaledge.wordpress.com/ - A blog for political rants, fantasy sports, and thoughts from my twisted mind. Warning: Not for children.
thejusman1
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:11 am

Thanks for the help guys. And Jus, you're right that there isn't a ton to do, but with the schedule I keep, where I will have the hardest trouble is making sure that normal threads stay updated, like draft results, players taken, new round threads, etc. I just don't want to cause any delays or bad picks.

Also, Matt_Domsic sent me a PM and said he's coming back so only 3 unknowns left. If anyone has Aqua in another league, or can get ahold of him some other way, see if you can get an answer from him.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ensanimal » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:03 pm

I can help out in keeping some things updated if needed. Feb-April with the worst time at work for me, so I don't get on as much as I'd like to, but I can do what's needed if it's, well, needed. :-b
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:33 pm

Posted in the Holics forum re: the need for replacements. The only team I've posted as of yet is Dave Knight's. Oopah was fairly active in managing his team, so I don't want to jump the gun with him. He's not around the Cafe often in general, so I'll give him a few more days until I put his team up too. Also, although we haven't gotten a hold of Aqua yet, I'm going to assume he wants to defend his title.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to The Brushback League