Diplomacy Game

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Diplomacy Game

Postby wake » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:21 am

Rules (copied from bleach's Game 1 thread)-

bleach168 wrote:Rules for the game: here

Additional map: here

Additional game rules
0. Diplomacy is a game of lying, broken promises, and backstabbing. It has been known to end friendships! Please don't take it personal when you get stabbed in the back!
1. You may only communicate through the Cafe PM system and this thread. Instant messaging, IRC, phone calls, etc, are prohibited. You may use this thread to make publics threats, announcements, comments, etc.
2. All orders must be sent to bleach168 by PM by the posted deadline. If orders are not submitted by the deadline, your country will be in civil disorder and your units will all "Hold."
3. Orders sent in early can be changed as long as I have not processed the turn. If you send in multiple orders, only the latest set of orders will be valid.
4. Orders which are vague or invalid such as ARMY PARIS-OSCOW will be considered a "Hold." If I catch your mistake, I will let you know so you can fix them.
5. If everyone has submitted their correct orders early, I may choose to process them immediately to speed up the game. So don't send in tentative orders. Make sure you are prepared for them to be official.
6. You may either write out your orders using the full name or you may use the abbreviations found in rule book. Please use a simple dash to show a move/attack order. Capitalization is not required.

Examples of orders written correctly,

A PAR-BUR
Army Paris-Burgundy
army paris-burgundy
A Paris-Burgundy
A Picardy support A Paris-Burgundy
A PIC S A PAR-BUR

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or PM me.

Here's the link to game 1- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=274337&p=2216067

We'll play until one country has 18 supply centers. No ties.

Players-

1) Titanfan
2) WaCoug
3) BigKen
4) Bleach
5) DanLambskin
6) Mookie
7) lastings
Last edited by wake on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Diplomacy

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:27 am

i'm in as long as I dont need t be on that site during the daytime..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 172)

Postby TitanFan07 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:57 am

Here's a link that I found in the other thread...It could be helpful to those who haven't played.

http://ry4an.org/diptutor/mgp00001.html
TitanFan07
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:59 am

I'm interested
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 268)

Postby wake » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:56 pm

It looks like we're set so I went ahead and randomly generated the country selection list-

1.BigKen
2.WaCoug
3.Titanfan
4.Mookie
5.Bleach
6.lastings
7.DanLambskin

This is the order in which country preference is given. So bigken gets the first pick of which country he wants, then WaCoug chooses a country, and so on. The countries are England, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Turkey, and Austria.

I figure we'll start the game on Monday morning. That should give everyone plenty of time to read over some of the rules and ask any questions they might have.

Everyone, please PM me your country selections by the end of the weekend. Rank your country preferences in order depending on where you are on the list. For example, BigKen only has to give me his top choice since he knows it will be available. However, Lastings will have to rank his top 6 choices in case all his selections are taken. The only person who doesn't have to PM me is Dan since he gets whatever is left over.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Re: Diplomacy Game

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:40 pm

Sounds good. I'll make sure to read everything over and get my choice to you by Sunday ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:51 pm

wake wrote:It looks like we're set so I went ahead and randomly generated the country selection list-

1.BigKen
2.WaCoug
3.Titanfan
4.Mookie
5.Bleach
6.lastings
7.DanLambskin

This is the order in which country preference is given. So bigken gets the first pick of which country he wants, then WaCoug chooses a country, and so on. The countries are England, France, Germany, Italy, Russia, Turkey, and Austria.

I figure we'll start the game on Monday morning. That should give everyone plenty of time to read over some of the rules and ask any questions they might have.

Everyone, please PM me your country selections by the end of the weekend. Rank your country preferences in order depending on where you are on the list. For example, BigKen only has to give me his top choice since he knows it will be available. However, Lastings will have to rank his top 6 choices in case all his selections are taken. The only person who doesn't have to PM me is Dan since he gets whatever is left over.

Monday is a holiday here and I probably won't be around until Tuesday.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wake » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:Monday is a holiday here and I probably won't be around until Tuesday.

In that case, we can either start it Tuesday or still start it on Monday but give you guys an extra day until your first orders are due. Whichever you prefer is fine with me.
wake
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:09 pm

wake wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:Monday is a holiday here and I probably won't be around until Tuesday.

In that case, we can either start it Tuesday or still start it on Monday but give you guys an extra day until your first orders are due. Whichever you prefer is fine with me.

Tuesday's fine with me as I'll be busy Monday honoring my country's greatest presidents, like Andrew Johnston, Jimmy Carter and Grover Cleveland (the second time only). Maybe William McKinley and George W. Bush if there's enough time ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:20 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
wake wrote:

Tuesday's fine with me as I'll be busy Monday honoring my country's greatest presidents, like Andrew Johnston, Jimmy Carter and Grover Cleveland (the second time only). Maybe William McKinley and George W. Bush if there's enough time ;-D

Tippecanoe and Tyler too!
good times
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

Next

Return to General Talk