100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

15-team keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

15-team keeper league

Postby southy83 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:48 am

15 team, 5x5 (standard), rotisserie.
I draft 14th, then 16th on the snake.
I have to keep 6 (2 of which must be rookie-eligible by our league standards)
My options (rookies marked with *)

Carlos Gonzalez, Ryan Zimmerman, Adam Dunn, Rickie Weeks, Alex Rios, Corey Hart, Grady Sizemore, Tommy Hanson, Heath Bell, Domonic Brown*, J.P. Arencibia*, Freddie Freeman*, Michael Pineda*, Tanner Scheppers*

I think I'm keeping the first 4 I mentioned (Weeks because 2b is so shallow in a deep league), but should I consider other options? Rookie-wise, I've got to keep Domonic, right? I'm leaning Freeman
for my 2nd rookie based on a full-time job and much better AVG potential over J.P. Any thoughts? Thanks for listening.
southy83
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 15-team keeper league

Postby HOOTIE » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:21 am

I might swap Weeks for Hanson.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby MaudDib » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:37 am

HOOTIE wrote:I might swap Weeks for Hanson.

Agreed. I like Hanson and definitely more than Weeks. I think you are correct with your rookie keepers.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby southy83 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:10 pm

Thanks for the replies so far. Trust me, i've considered swapping Weeks for Hanson. However, I've conducted quite a few mock drafts with leaguemates where we've carefully predicted everyone's keepers. There are NO decent 2B that make it to pick 14 (Kelly Johnson, maybe??), but PLENTY of pitching. Usually Hamels, Gallardo, Liriano, Weaver, Haren, Oswalt...they all make it to me. And they all put up similar, if not better, numbers to Hanson.

As for Weeks, barring injury (which is no small feat, i realize) the dude proved what he could do. And with Ken Macha gone, Roenicke said he's gonna let these guys run. I expect more steals out of him, 100+ runs, and of course some pop. The downside is the .250-.265 AVG I'll take on, but a 4 category 2B...I'll take it.

I'm not completely throwing out the thought of swapping the 2, however. My mind changes weekly.
southy83
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Elsy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:14 pm

Carlos Gonzalez ;-D , Ryan Zimmerman ;-D , Adam Dunn ;-D , Rickie Weeks, Alex Rios, Corey Hart, Grady Sizemore, Tommy Hanson ;-D , Heath Bell, Domonic Brown* ;-D , J.P. Arencibia* ;-D , Freddie Freeman*, Michael Pineda*, Tanner Scheppers*

Power hitting catchers, who will prolly hit for decent average are harder to find that slugging 1B which is a much deeper position in fantasy. I'd take JP over Freeman and JP will have the #1 job out of spring training.
Elsy
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 43)

Postby raiders_umpire » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:29 pm

HOOTIE wrote:I might swap Weeks for Hanson.

;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions