Mafia Game VII - Day 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:48 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Alrighty, I'm headed out - congrats to Inuk and lastings (only baddie who's undefeated this "season"), and to the town: better luck next time :-D

So, are we done with this for the season? I think I am going to call it quits and go "out on top" for the season because all my drafts are within 10 days of starting (if not already) and Diplomacy will probably be my last non-baseball activity of the preaseason. That said, I'll gladly mod if you guys just want to play a 7- or 9-person game of mafia...

incorrect, I was mafia with inuk in the first game and lost. I was pretty bad.

I also want to commend chuck and his back-to-back swing vote move. pulling the "i look so guilty i couldn't possible be guilty" move. I liked it.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:52 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Alrighty, I'm headed out - congrats to Inuk and lastings (only baddie who's undefeated this "season"), and to the town: better luck next time :-D

So, are we done with this for the season? I think I am going to call it quits and go "out on top" for the season because all my drafts are within 10 days of starting (if not already) and Diplomacy will probably be my last non-baseball activity of the preaseason. That said, I'll gladly mod if you guys just want to play a 7- or 9-person game of mafia...

incorrect, I was mafia with inuk in the first game and lost. I was pretty bad.

I also want to commend chuck and his back-to-back swing vote move. pulling the "i look so guilty i couldn't possible be guilty" move. I liked it.

Ah, OK, well I'll change it to "baddie with the best winning percentage this season" ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:04 pm

I felt throughout the whole game that I was playing a pretty badly. Like lastings said, once we found Dan to be the investigator, I felt I could open up the throttle a bit more. Hence the Urban lynch.

I thought for sure I'd be the lynch target on day 3, but m16's silence is always perceived as suspicious, which gave us just enough to pull it out.
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:06 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:Thanks for this Steelers, you make me feel very good about myself.. :-b

steelerfan513 wrote:[As for my attack on you, I went back and read your posts and I'm now pretty convinced that you're innocent; you've been quieter than usual, which is what initially drew my attention, but your posts seem more than most to be trying to move the game long. I think I'm more convinced of your innocence than that of anyone else.

i love how I wasn't quite so clean to start this thing but somehow the issue with me putting the killshot on Urban cleaned me right up.. :-B

If we had made it tomorrow and you were still alive I was planning to flip that entirely on its head; no one suspected you, which should've made you the mafia's top target. But your waiting on urban seemed pretty genuine to me; if you had just put the kill vote on, I probably would've been all over you on Day 3.

Well played, guys. I'm still not so good at this game, but it seems like I did a good job of being innocent after that awful-looking vote on Dan because nobody seriously pressed for my death after that.

I have 3 midterms next week and am going out of town the weekend after that, so I'm done for a while.

In conclusion, I am voting for m16a on Day 1 of every game from now on for seeming suspicious in every single freaking game.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thedude » Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:59 pm

Lastings also lost as ISK when j35j and I sniffed him out. ;-)
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby thedude » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:04 pm

thedude wrote:While Coug is convinced I am innocent, I am not all convinced he is innocent.

thedude wrote:Continuing above post:

He went after Urban some early on day 2, but laid low after awhile, and he did not vote for either urban or dan. Someone who looks so innocent, deserves some suspicion in this game.

thedude wrote:Another thing going against cougs is that one of the people who has tried very hard to not make waves is almost certainly the godfather. I am not a mafioso, so one of the other people who have gathered no suspicion is very likely the godfather.

thedude wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
thedude wrote:While Coug is convinced I am innocent, I am not all convinced he is innocent.

Fair enough. Care to share your reasons? I think no one is worthy of a 100% innocent tag, but I've gone with my gut and tried to help the town the whole way, and I think my record and my postings speak for themselves - I'm comfortable with your comment though, for sure.

Do you have a list of sorts for us as far as your suspicions/reasons/etc.?

thedude wrote:Continuing above post:

He went after Urban some early on day 2, but laid low after awhile, and he did not vote for either urban or dan. Someone who looks so innocent, deserves some suspicion in this game.

Also fair. I thought Dan was a good a bet for townie as anyone, so I wasn't about to go after him. I'm all for moving the game along on Day 1, but I felt we didn't get much out of a number of Aqua-like guys. As for urban, he had at least 7 of us saying we thought he was between "suspicious" and mafia. I thought he was a good bet, but there's a reason my vote was on m16 and a reason I had Inuk and Steelers in a similar category when I was going over my rationale.

I would not lynch you, yet, because because we really cannot afford to make a mistake here. But you have made so few waves, that I am going to take a close look at you later tonight when I have time.

I am most pissed at myself for not following up on this line of thought from early day 3.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Postby lastingsgriller » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:14 pm

thedude wrote:Lastings also lost as ISK when j35j and I sniffed him out. ;-)

I don't consider that one a loss at all. for the following reasons.

a) I think that was the big game, it was me vs. like 239 of you guys.
b) I don't think anyone sniffed me out as ISK. the mafia just got lucky when they were trying to kill a townie.
c) that was a pretty good run for an ISK. best run of the season I believe..
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 182)

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:58 pm

lastingsgriller wrote:c) that was a pretty good run for an ISK. best run of the season I believe..

ISK is my favorite role. It is my mission to win as one. Check out mafia IX last year to see how close I got... agonizingly close... :-/
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:08 pm

Inukchuk wrote:
lastingsgriller wrote:c) that was a pretty good run for an ISK. best run of the season I believe..

ISK is my favorite role. It is my mission to win as one. Check out mafia IX last year to see how close I got... agonizingly close... :-/

I know the feeling! I made it to the final Day of Mafia III last season but we didn't whack both remaining mafiosi at night so there was a townie, a mafiosi and me left. Since Aussie wanted to piss me off and the town couldn't win anyway, he and fezzik killed me off. I didn't play it perfectly, but it was oh so close getting to Day 4 and being one of the three left ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:19 pm

My first ever game of mafia I won as ISK. Was it last year or the year before?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 282)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk