Mafia Game VII - Day 3 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:26 pm

The team wakes to find jfg slaughtered in a very creative fashion that subtly mocks numerous cafe members.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19486
(Past Year: 301)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:28 pm

Oh yeah, forgot to say. jpeg was the doc.
Yeah, that sucks.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19486
(Past Year: 301)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:39 pm

I think we need to talk more about the mafia's decision to kill bills on night 1. He was involved in a back-and-forth with Dan, and I would expect him to be one of the more obvious targets on Day 2 as a result of that (at least after the people who put late votes on Dan). I'm gonna come up with my thoughts on that (and everyone else), but I think that's something everyone else should think about as well.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby thedude » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:06 pm

This really sucks. I have a few people in mind, but I need time to review stuff. Let us all be careful to not start throwing votes out there yet. All we need is one poorly placed vote and the game is over.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:19 pm

Message to m16a: this is the time when you NEED to start contributing. I'm not in favor of lynching you right now because doing nothing isn't necessarily an indicator of guilt to me, but we need people posting and coming up with something. If you continue to do nothing at this critical juncture, we will assume you are a mafiosi who is trying to lay low and lynch you.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby thedude » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:27 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Message to m16a: this is the time when you NEED to start contributing. I'm not in favor of lynching you right now because doing nothing isn't necessarily an indicator of guilt to me, but we need people posting and coming up with something. If you continue to do nothing at this critical juncture, we will assume you are a mafiosi who is trying to lay low and lynch you.


This is why I wanted to lynch him on day 2.
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:35 pm

The only thing concrete in my mind right now is that we need to consider any and all people, even thedude and WaCoug. I'm particularly curious why the mafia didn't kill one of them after Day 1 because they're probably the most experienced mafia guys here. Not saying that I think they're guilty, just that we need to look at everyone.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby m16a » Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:50 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:The only thing concrete in my mind right now is that we need to consider any and all people, even thedude and WaCoug. I'm particularly curious why the mafia didn't kill one of them after Day 1 because they're probably the most experienced mafia guys here. Not saying that I think they're guilty, just that we need to look at everyone.


I'm inclined to believe that one or both of them is in fact mafia. It hit me when I was reading things over a few hours ago. Coug has been stirring the pot, throwing the votes and suspicions around, and because of this, he hasn't been implicated. However, the fact that he is still alive, like steelers said, makes him quite suspicious. Fact of the matter, I was wrong on jfg AND urban. Dang. :/

also, I'd like to yet again take a look at the last two votes on urban, lastings and inuk. I am inclined to think lastings is currently innocent, due to his waffling back and forth before finally placing the last vote on urban. He thought about it before jumping onto the final vote. Inuk's vote was quick, little reasoning behind it, and reeks of suspicious motive. He knew things were nearing the end, yet piled on quickly, without much thought put into it.

I'm not fully certain what to think about steelers. Like dude/coug, he has been out there, very vocal, stirring the pot and putting votes on people. Again, it is odd that someone that vocal would be left to live. He is definitely lower down on the list though. I don't get the negative vibe from him I do from coug or dude. As for titan, I have no frikkin clue what to think. He's been his general sporadic wtfhax is going on type player. Oy...
m16a
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe WriterFootball Mod
Posts: 462
(Past Year: 53)
Joined: 22 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Evil lightside fiend...!

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby thedude » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:02 pm

m16a wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:The only thing concrete in my mind right now is that we need to consider any and all people, even thedude and WaCoug. I'm particularly curious why the mafia didn't kill one of them after Day 1 because they're probably the most experienced mafia guys here. Not saying that I think they're guilty, just that we need to look at everyone.


I'm inclined to believe that one or both of them is in fact mafia. It hit me when I was reading things over a few hours ago. Coug has been stirring the pot, throwing the votes and suspicions around, and because of this, he hasn't been implicated. However, the fact that he is still alive, like steelers said, makes him quite suspicious. Fact of the matter, I was wrong on jfg AND urban. Dang. :/

also, I'd like to yet again take a look at the last two votes on urban, lastings and inuk. I am inclined to think lastings is currently innocent, due to his waffling back and forth before finally placing the last vote on urban. He thought about it before jumping onto the final vote. Inuk's vote was quick, little reasoning behind it, and reeks of suspicious motive. He knew things were nearing the end, yet piled on quickly, without much thought put into it.

I'm not fully certain what to think about steelers. Like dude/coug, he has been out there, very vocal, stirring the pot and putting votes on people. Again, it is odd that someone that vocal would be left to live. He is definitely lower down on the list though. I don't get the negative vibe from him I do from coug or dude. As for titan, I have no frikkin clue what to think. He's been his general sporadic wtfhax is going on type player. Oy...


You get the suspicious vibe from the two people who voted for you yesterday? How coincidental...
"I do not think baseball of today is any better than it was 30 years ago... I still think Radbourne is the greatest of the pitchers." John Sullivan 1914-Old athletes never change.
thedude
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 8413
(Past Year: 90)
Joined: 18 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Good Life

Re: Mafia Game VII - Day 3

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:10 pm

m16a wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:The only thing concrete in my mind right now is that we need to consider any and all people, even thedude and WaCoug. I'm particularly curious why the mafia didn't kill one of them after Day 1 because they're probably the most experienced mafia guys here. Not saying that I think they're guilty, just that we need to look at everyone.


I'm inclined to believe that one or both of them is in fact mafia. It hit me when I was reading things over a few hours ago. Coug has been stirring the pot, throwing the votes and suspicions around, and because of this, he hasn't been implicated. However, the fact that he is still alive, like steelers said, makes him quite suspicious. Fact of the matter, I was wrong on jfg AND urban. Dang. :/

also, I'd like to yet again take a look at the last two votes on urban, lastings and inuk. I am inclined to think lastings is currently innocent, due to his waffling back and forth before finally placing the last vote on urban. He thought about it before jumping onto the final vote. Inuk's vote was quick, little reasoning behind it, and reeks of suspicious motive. He knew things were nearing the end, yet piled on quickly, without much thought put into it.

I'm not fully certain what to think about steelers. Like dude/coug, he has been out there, very vocal, stirring the pot and putting votes on people. Again, it is odd that someone that vocal would be left to live. He is definitely lower down on the list though. I don't get the negative vibe from him I do from coug or dude. As for titan, I have no frikkin clue what to think. He's been his general sporadic wtfhax is going on type player. Oy...


That pretty much summarizes how I feel about thedude and WaCoug. That's the reason I brought up the bills killing; it seemed like the only justification for it would be that he did a pretty good job as a townie a couple games ago. But if that was the reasoning, why wouldn't they kill one of thedude or WaCoug instead? They're the two most experienced people playing. I'm gonna go back and look over their posts more to try to get a feel for things, and, again, I don't feel certain about anything, but it's something that we haven't considered yet and need to, even if only to dismiss the possibility.

And the fact that I'm vocal doesn't mean the mafia would kill me seeing as I'm automatically seen as suspicious for my vote on Dan. I'm sure people still have reservations about that, and I responded about the best I can on Day 2, so people should refer back to those posts if they want my defense.

I feel the same way about lastings after reading over his posts; it seems like he's legitimately trying to get things done for the town, even though he was the last vote on urban. I started to feel unsure about urban near the end, but I don't blame him too much for putting the hammer down, and it seemed like he tried to give urban a legitimate chance to defend himself at the end.
steelerfan513
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 181
Joined: 15 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: unioreimi and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Apr. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at Cleveland
(2:20 pm)
LA Angels at Detroit
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Miami at Miami
(7:08 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Seattle at Seattle
(7:10 pm)
Atlanta at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Baltimore at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Chi White Sox at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Minnesota at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Philadelphia at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Houston at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
Arizona at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact