Question's for ESPN Commissioner's. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Question's for ESPN Commissioner's.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Question's for ESPN Commissioner's.

Postby Bajecco » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:01 pm

We just moved our league from CBSsports to ESPN and I am the Commish. This is my first time using the ESPN league manager and so far I like what I see, but I have an issue. We like to utilize a "slow" draft that allows owners to pick at their leisure over the course of a couple weeks. While setting up the draft I was disappointed to see that ESPN does not offer a "slow draft" method as a setting. Am I missing something?

On ESPN is there a way to set up a "slow draft" that would allow my owners to pick at their convenience over an extended period of time?

I'll get it done regardless, but I am really surprised that there isn't a slow draft setting in the draft set up tools. Hopefully I'm wrong and there is a way to accomplish this.

Thanks
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Question's for ESPN Commissioner's.

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm

Go into your "Settings" and click on "Draft". There are several options, one is "Offline".
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby Bajecco » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:36 pm

bigmck wrote:Go into your "Settings" and click on "Draft". There are several options, one is "Offline".

Yes. I noticed that, but as far as I know that setting is for the Commish to punch in all the picks manually and will not facilitate the other owners to make their own picks in the draft room . Correct?
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 17, 2011 11:50 pm

Bajecco wrote:
bigmck wrote:Go into your "Settings" and click on "Draft". There are several options, one is "Offline".

Yes. I noticed that, but as far as I know that setting is for the Commish to punch in all the picks manually and will not facilitate the other owners to make their own picks in the draft room . Correct?

That is correct. You have to be either in the draft room and do the draft online or have everyone do a slow draft and have the Commish input the players. It can't be both ways. == I play on CBS and run two leagues. We have an offline draft and I input everyone's roster each year. It isn't that hard. It might take a couple hours. == One year I was ill and couldn't input everyone's and gave owners Commish powers and they put their own in. You might try that.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 60)

Postby Bajecco » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:56 pm

We sure will miss the slow draft feature on CBS. My crew loved it because they had an unlimited amount of time to make their pick. No pressure. We would bang out about 2 rounds per day on weekdays then finish the draft on a Saturday/Sunday night.

All ESPN has to do is add an "no time limit" selection to the draft pick timer. Is that so hard to do? I'll give them a call.
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Commissioner's Corner