Brand-new NL Keeper League needs two long-termers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Brand-new NL Keeper League needs two long-termers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brand-new NL Keeper League needs two long-termers

Postby rotowinner » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:20 am

In 1990, I started an AL-only league with a bunch of friends. The league is now in its 20th year. Four years ago, I started an AL-only, expert level online league. We will be heading into our fifth year in 2011. Now, I'm at it again.

I'm starting a brand new NL-only, 13 team KEEPER league that will use an online auction with CBS. This league will be a 4x4 but with a twist. We will use Runs Produced (RS + RBI – HR). Let’s face it, the only reason that K’s are a roto category is to balance out the need to include Runs, which were not a part of the original rotisserie leagues. Why should a strikeout be worth more than a one-pitch pop-up? If K’s are so important, why don’t we count them against hitters? I know that roto has evolved where more people play 5x5, but in reality, a 5x5 league invites owners to blow off a category, usually saves or steals. At least that’s how I see it. Also, this will be a weekly-transactions league using FAAB.

Over the years I have been in several ‘keeper’ leagues that didn’t last. Sometimes an owner runs his team into the ground and then quits. Sometimes a bad trade spoils the atmosphere of the league and good owners get frustrated. So in order to promote continuity, I am requiring all owners to pay a season in advance. This league is already set up with LeagueSafe, which is definitely a commissioner’s best friend when it comes to handling the League Treasurer duties. The league entry fee is $200 per season, and the payout will be to the top five teams, at 45, 25, 15, 10 and 5 percent respectively. There is a 100% payout less the CBS fee, which for a new league is $130. I do not take a free team as commish, although running a high-caliber league is equivalent to a part-time job. Especially the recruiting effort. But I do this because I love it. I am a Fantasy Baseball geek and I am proud of it!
The goal is to find twelve other owners who want to be a part of a great keeper league for the next 20 years. But the best part is getting to be involved from the very beginning. You don’t have to take over someone else’s junk. You are in charge from the start. You decide on long-term contracts heading into the third year. And best of all, you have a pretty good idea that this league will last. Nothing is guaranteed, but I’m doing everything I can as a dedicated commissioner to ensure that this league will be around for a long time.
League open to all skill levels, but you need to be a committed owner, one who absolutely LOVES fantasy baseball and has enough character that they would never consider doing something stupid that could ruin a league.

As of today, I have managed to secure eleven owners, including myself. I want this to be a deep league so the target is 13 owners. Which means I only need two more. If you’d like to be considered for this league, please contact me via email at rotowinner@aol.com. Tell me a little bit about your roto history and why you feel you would be a great fit for this league.

Look forward to hearing from you!
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 42)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Brand-new NL Keeper League needs two long-termers

Postby jeffmerk » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:19 pm

Ultra or standard roto? Maximum number of keepers? Minimum FAAB bid?
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 90)

Postby rotowinner » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:35 pm

Standard roto. Keepers range from 6 to 9 depending on previous seasons' finish. No zero faab bids allowed. Runs Produced replaces rbi's. Thanks for the questions!
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby jeffmerk » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:27 pm

I like the modified 4x4 format but I'm looking for Ultra roto and 12 or more keepers. Good luck with your search.
jeffmerk
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 90)

Postby rotowinner » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:02 pm

I have secured 13 owners, which was my goal, but quite frankly, a couple of the owners are on the fence. I want owners who are not on the fence. So if you are truly looking for a great keeper league that is going to last for 20 years, and you love the idea of being involved from the very beginning, then read this post. If interested, send an email to rotowinner@aol.com and tell me a little about your roto history, and why you feel you would be a great fit for this league.

Brand-new, NL-only, 13 team online auction league with CBS. $200 entry per season using LeagueSafe. Weekly transactions via FAAB. 4 x 4 with a twist.

Open to all skill levels but the long-term mindset is vital.

Auction set for Tuesday, March 22, 7pm et.

Read on if this piques your interest.
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby rotowinner » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:43 am

I have secured 13 owners but one owner is giving me indication that's he's not going to be reliable, so I'm looking to replace him. I owe it to the entire league to assemble the best group of owners that I can. I am asking for a big commitment from you and you will get the same from me.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you want to be a part of something special. I will send you the league constitution for your review and if you are still interested, I will let you know how you can pick up the last spot available. This is coming together as a very special league with an amazing group of owners.

Send your roto resume' to rotowinner@aol.com today!
rotowinner
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Return to Classifieds